Programme about Adoption Tonight...

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hello Ladies/Gents

There is a programme on tonight on BBC1 at 9pm - The Truth About Adoption. Just thought I would let you all know, looks interesting especially for the ladies who are going to adopt or in the process of adopting.

Thanks Donna - good call. I'll definitley be watching it :)

Do you know if it's got a positive or negative perspective? xx

saw something on news about some little girls being split up and not getting adopted as they were 7+ x Broke my heart. I think maybe if I can't bare anymore after this one from complications I might have a look at that side of things I have a lot of love to give x

Thanks Donna - good call. I'll definitley be watching it :)

Do you know if it's got a positive or negative perspective? xx

I think it's about the real breakdown costs of Adoption.....

I watched it too.

I think that the blonde social worker with the girls summed it up when she said that they think they're protecting them but they're just damaging them :(

Last edited:
I watched this and it almost brought me to tears. So sad.

I have always considered adoption and will look more into it when I'm older but after watching this is just made me want to do it even more. How can an adoption fall through after 3 years?:( So sad.

yeah, how can you 'give them back' when you have said they are YOURS, you cant give children back!!!

Ive just put it on now (recorded it as i was out meeting my aunties new fancy man!!!)

I cried all the way through it, so sad to think someone can let children down after 3 years of having them, they shouldn't be allowed to be adoptive parents, should they?

It actually gave me some more light into the whole process and that it is not that easy, which I didn't think it was. It makes you wander that if it costs £150 a day for a child to stay in foster carers, then surely they should shorten down the waiting time for potential adopters.

One of my close work friends adopted a baby in june. After years of trying and all the tests. Today the little girl was made officialy theres and has taken their surname. To see how happy my friend is now just makes the whole process she has been through so worthwhile xxxx

awww that's great news for them, a baby? They were lucky, there is not many babies out there that need adopting. We have decided to adopt any child from age birth to 6 years old now.

It is hard process but very worthwhile.

x

yes when they got her she was 6 months old. The judge ruled in her case that she was to adopt between birth and 2 years old. Shes a very very happy girl. The process took them just over a yer. Lots of courses and visits from social workers and also lots of heartbreaking moments but def worth every minute!

Good luck hun you'll make a fab mummy xxx

i watched this last night, so sad that there are so many children being let down :(

Wish you the best of luck babylover, would be the most amazing thing to help a child in need to a loving home.

I am an emotional wreck at the moment as it is, this programme had me sobbing, litrally. Poor little things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back