Progesterone suppositories...

PeanutButter

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Ive been given progesterone pessaries, but they've said they dont come with an applicator :S
I used to suffer with vaginismus (Unable to insert things into vagina)...It been better over the years, but ive never been able to insert my own fingers, the thought makes me so squeamish...
So how am I going to insert these with my fingers urghh.

I was told to use them rectally, even more delightful. It is actually better as less mess. No advice apart from you will get used to it, I know its not nice though xx

Can go up either end. Bottom at night time is easier. Go in easily.

Yes, i tried last night and couldn't so got hubby to heh.

Is it normal for it to leak out all day? Everytime i wipe theres white stuff from it. xx

Usually have to be used twice a day. I think it's normal, I have heard there is a lot of mess that way. My clinic said I had to use rectally. Was absolutely horrified at first but no mess at all xx

Mine said to go either way. I alternate a bit as you get the mess at the front (as you all have said) and I get a bit of a disturbed toilet experience if I only put them up the back. That was the nicest way I could put that!

Ahh nope. Not going up my bum xD
the dr said use one a day at bed time, and gave me a high dose of it? 400 mg. Less seemed to leak out this morning.
She told me to expect spotting and cramps but none yet ? Xx

I was on 200mg 4 times a day but mine came with applicators? Although I preferred not to use them, I also had a panty liner as was sometimes a bit messy lol

I was on 400mg 3 x a day. Was supposed to be twice a day but he said it was fine if I used extra so I did. No applicators for mine either xx

I was on 400mg two a day as well and didn't get applicators. It's def normal for them to be messy..urgh don't miss it one bit lol! I went through a lot of liners! I can't insert tampons or anything and feel a bit squemish about stuff like thrush pessaries but I find the cyclogest is so waxy and oily kinda thing it was much easier to put in lol so didn't make me feel as squemish! You def get used to it as well :).
Maybe you could keep asking OH too? Lol mine did a lot when I was really sick with hg and just moving made me throw up so he used to do them for me lol.
I got told rectally is much less messy too but I never tried it xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

There is zero mess with rectally. But I understand why you wouldn't want to. I wasn't given the option though, I did read that vaginally can cause irritation if prone to thrush or urine infections which I am so would have chosen that anyway. Myself and OH called them bum bullets lol xx

I usually get thrush and bv really easy like from bath bombs or scented pads etc but they were ok for me :). Lol they're horrid little things arent they! Xx

I usually get thrush and bv really easy like from bath bombs or scented pads etc but they were ok for me :). Lol they're horrid little things arent they! Xx

Yep, my last one today and then that is it. I weaned myself off as too scared to stop in one go xx

Sorry lol I have no experience with this but :rofl: bum bullets :bum: :rofl:

Yep, my last one today and then that is it. I weaned myself off as too scared to stop in one go xx
Yayyyy! Feels so good to be off them. I weaned myself off too! Was terrified to stop completely. Think the week I stopped I used doppler loads lol but then was getting more and more little flutters so that helped a lot. Xx

Lmao!!
I do get thrush alot, and might have bv atm will ask midwife tomorrow.

I'm abit worried that you guys all taking like 2/3 a day... im only on one and it leaks out quite a bit :( xx

I think it depends on reasons for having it. My clinic said they usually use 400mg if low progesterone in pregnancy or on iui cyles etc. And then they give 800mg for ivf. I've had 400mg before and it didn't help prevent mc and then a chemical but I do have high nk cells as well so may not of been the reason why. Then this iui I asked for 800mg. She said I prob didn't need it as I would still be making my own progesterone from corpus luteum after ovulation and the 400mg added should be enough but she gave it to me anyway. Not sure if that helped or if it was other meds or just luck really! But I think 400mg is more the standard dose so don't worry :). They would of been happy me on 400 again I think but for my own peace of mind due to history I wanted to change the dose as it felt better trying something new each time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back