Prochlorperazine for sickness

becsybabe

Reaction score
Has anyone had these prescribed and they have helped? Xx

I had Prochlorperazine in my first pregnancy from 6.5-16 weeks! I'm now on them again as the nausea has started again at 6.5 weeks. The doctors were more keen to give me an anti-histamine one (e.g.cyclizine) which I do wonder if it would be slightly more effective, but I've had a reaction to that in a previous illness. Certainly the first time round, these tablets were the only thing which enabled me to eat, continue to work, and keep my pregnancy under wraps until the first scan was done. However they didn't stop me from vomiting. As before, it seems that eating something regularly is the only way to truly avoid this. I find I have to eat something literally every 2 hours or the pressure in my stomach and resulting nausea is totally overwhelming. I do believe the tablets take the edge off though as last time I hardly ate a thing for 5-6 days before the GP finally gave me the meds, then I finally wanted to eat again x

I'm on it, the buccal one and it's working a treat for me. Our didn't want a tablet I had to swallow as I knew I'd bring that straight back up again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back