Probly been posted loads, when did you have your 1st period?

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I had a c.section 7 weeks ago and I am NOT breast feeding, when roughly would I have my first period?

I have had period like cramps for the past week, and occassionally bleed for an hour (also bled after sex last 2 times), but I was wondering when I will start, I read on average it is 8-10 weeks after giving birth (although I know everyone is different)

Mxxxx

I also had a section and i had my first period after 9 weeks x

i had normal deliverys with all mine and it came back 6 weeks after giving birth

I breastfed for a week with James and it came back at around 6 weeks.

With Logan I was still breastfeeding at 11 weeks but it came back anyway, and co-incided with the breastfeeding going tits up :doh:

I had a section and breastfed for 8 weeks - my periods returned bang on 4 weeks after stopping too and have been like clockwork since! Maybe ask your HV - have you had your post natal check at the docs yet? If not maybe ask them when you go.It can take ages tho, my sil had an emergency sec like me, didn't breastfeed and didn't get a period for 2 years :eek:

Jynann said:
, my sil had an emergency sec like me, didn't breastfeed and didn't get a period for 2 years :eek:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have my check up a week on Monday and will speak to the GP. I keep getting period cramps but nothing else.

Mxx

It's probably "in the post" then lol - I was getting the cramps like you for about 2-3 weeks before my period did eventually arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back