Problems with spotting and short luteal phase

Fredrikke123

Reaction score
Hi! Im new to this forum. Hoping someone can have some insight on my situation. Sorry for long text!

Me and my husband startet trying for a baby in 2018. We got pregnant right away, miscarried at aprox 5+0, and got pregnant after my period returned (bfp 11 weeks after miscarriage). I gave birth in 2019, got my period back when our daughter was 6 months, and conceived little sister straight away.

We are now trying for baby no 3, but have been having some issues.

I stopped breastfeeding when little sister was 3 months, and got my period 4 weeks after. Ovulated early (cd10 - I usually ovulate around cd 20-22) but startet spotting at cd17 and got my period two days later. So my luteal phase was only 8 days. I also bled for 10(!) days.

After that i ovulated at cd22, but once again my luteal phase was on the shorter side (11 days). I also spottet for 8 days before my period showed up.

Next cycle I ovulated at cd20 and got pregnant. Started spotting at 6+3. Had an early scan that showed a tiny beating heart, but also a large amount of blood in my uterus. The midwife said she had never seen anything like it. Went back at 7+0 because of more spotting, and the heart had stopped. Natural miscarriage at 7+3 weeks. My midwife said that the blood in my uterus should go away along with the miscarriage.

I ovulated again cd21, whick was last weekend. (Got a positive digital opk cd 20. I had both negative pregnancy test and several negative opks before, plus i checked cm and cervix, so I know it wasnt just leftover hormones from the pregnancy causing the positive opk).

I started spotting only three days after ovulation, and have been spotting since. This is my sixth day of spotting. Took a pregnancy test yesterday (7DPO) due to sudden shooting pain in my pelvic area, but it was of course negative.

Does anyone know if spotting and a short luteal phase is normal after pregnancy/breastfeeding and after miscarriage? We conceived our daughters so easily, Im starting to worry that there might be reasons for concern...

I would have it checked out hun. It might still be your body getting back into shape after the pregnancies. But since it seems like a reoccurring event, I would call a GP or gynaecologist to get some answers.
Good luck TTC baby number 3!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back