Problems with changing a boy's nappy

babsi

Reaction score
Since late on Friday, Kai has had wetness on his left side. I phoned up telehealth and they said it is because he is shooting pee upwards. I was ok yesterday there was no wetness but I changed his nappy today and it came back, does anyone have any tips on stopping this happening, I really thought I made the nappy as tight as I could because I have no way of knowing if this has happened unless I check.

Occassionally Oscar has the same. In fact, I had to change him early this morning, because he was soaked right through to the sheet (on his right side). I'm not too worried though.
No advice at this stage.... sorry!
Emilia xx

i had this on Ethan, and if Jase changes Cobys nappy he will get it.

what nappies are you useing? i found that pampers were no good for ethan, and again seem no good for Coby, huggies are working well for me, they seem to keep him dryer.

also when you change him, make sure his bits are point down lol

xx

Was just going to say the same as Layla, Just make sure his bits are pointing down and in the middle not to the side!
I actually find pampers are better as he has never leaked with those and huggies leak a lot! but i think that is just down to personal choice!

Hiya

Was just about to say exactly the same as Layla! We changed from Pampers to Huggies as they seem to suit him more. Aidan is now on the Stage 3 size. (has been since few days old !!)

Think like Steph says its personal choice.

Good luck !!
Ragna xxxxxxxx

P.s......Yesterday Aidan did the poo of all poos. Dont know whether others breastfeeding find the same but its always very loose (nicest way of putting it I can think of lol) and he tends to have more than one poo at the same time....well he did this time whilst sitting in his boucing chair and it went straight down one leg !!!!! Needless to say, Bouncing Chair, Trousers everything was covered and Aidan had two baths yesterday !!! In this case I dont think anything would have stopped it leaking out !!

We switched from pampers as soon as our supplies ran out - the newborn size seems to be the wrong shape and no matter where we pointed alex's willy, there was enough room for it to move around and cause leaks. We had a few leaks with huggies (mostly after dosy 4am changes) and are now trying morrisons own brand - no leaks yet.

Ragna, I think alex will be toilet trained before we get to size 3 :shock: , he doesn't even fit into size 0 properly yet :?

Tracy xx

I have found Pampers to be best for Rubie, they leak less and fit better round the legs, Huggies are a bit tight and leave red marks where they dig into her legs :(

Kim said:
I have found Pampers to be best for Rubie, they leak less and fit better round the legs, Huggies are a bit tight and leave red marks where they dig into her legs :(

funny you should say that, i found pampers best on my daughter, huggies didnt fit her right or keep her dry.

it must be the way they are made, or the absorbant pad is placed, pampers worked brill on my daughter but not on my son and the other way round.

hi ya, i've had 2 boys, so know wht u mean . You just neeed to make sure his willy is down, and pointing in the middle. I havea girl now and can tell u its alot different. I found that huggies nappies suit her best.

Riley was the same, changed to Huggies too as they didn't dig in him so much Now just have to watch out for when I take the nappie off! Ahhhhhhh!

We're using Huggies. It was terrible on Friday night, it just kept happening over and over and it may sound really stupid but we didn't know what was happening, everything is just new for us.

What I find horrible is that he just sits in it without us knowing as he doesn't cry to let us know, we are tightening the nappies up a lot more now and also making sure his little thing is pointing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back