Problems at 36 week check?

vixi_marie

Reaction score
I have just seen my midwife for my 36 week check and she informs me that my bloods came back as having a low Hb and high WCC.

She is making me take extra ferrous sulphate (even though I am already taking prenatal vitamins) and she checked my urine but there is no infection showing up.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? Have not had too many problems up until now and really don't want to become a high risk pregnancy! Not liking all this fuss!

Fx it's ok hun, they do tend to be over cautious. Try not to worry lovely.
What is WCC? White cell count? X

Yes sorry white cell count. She said its because I might have an infection but my urine is clear and I've had no symptoms.

Feel normal TBH just a bit tired but then I suppose we all do!

Prob just low iron more likely try and eat plenty of fruit and veg spinach is good for iron and dark cabbage. X

Been told ive got low iron and bren prescribed the ferrous sulphate stuff myelf xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I've been told I have low iron so I've been given tablets. When I looked at my results my WCC was high and I asked my mum as she works in the labs and apparently its quite common to have raised levels in pregnancy x

My iron levels were also reading low in May so i have been taking iron tablets since. They have not given me any further blood tests but I am still classed as low risk and still looking to have little one in birthing centre. No experience with WCC but this may also be linked to the iron.

xx

I am already taking prenatal with iron in them and now she wants me to take more? Is there such a thing as too much iron?

Apparently a raised WCC count indicates an infection somewhere in the body, so you have raised WCC they have to find out where the infection is coming from :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back