problems at 12 weeks

rachelf

Reaction score
Hi - I am very new to this site and am in great need to talking to other women out there that have experienced what I have been through.

Easlier this year I had a miscarriage at just under 12 weeks - we were both so sad and it really took a long time to be able to be back to normal?! Anyway to cut a long story short I recently fell pregnant and we were both overjoyed. I should be 12 weeks today! I went down to B'ham last night and unfortunately had some brown discharge. I was very worried about this and we came back home today and went straight to the hospital to get this checked out as I can only too well remember what happened the last time. I was in with the doctor for a while and then they said that they would scan me to make sure that everything was ok. My first scan at 12 weeks is due this Thu. To my horror there was nothing there ..... the sac was empty. I have to go back to Burnley general on wednesday for another scan with a different dr. to get a second opinion. I am just so worried as I thought that everything was going so well - even had sickness this time round. I am now worried that something like this will happen the next time too. Has this happened to anyone else - am I likey yo have a good one next time or is there something wrong with me?! :cry:

hi.. i haven't been through whats happened to you but i didnt want to read and run.. the girls on here are fantastic and lots of success stories i'm sure they'll help you.

sorry for what you going through :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you right now.

Did you have any early scan with this pregnancy after your loss with your first?

I'm sure there will be others who have been through a similar experience who can offer you some advice.

Thinking of you

x

I've only had one, ttc again so I can't answer but so sorry for you :hug:

Thanks for your support. No I wasn't offered an early scan this time round - next time I will insist that I get one.

Will wait and see what happens Wednesday am - not getting my hopes up but it is so hard to accept and deal with. I'm sure it will be better in time.

Rachel, Im sorry to hear about your first loss and im just thinking of you this time round, im sorry i cant be much help as ive only just discovered recently that im pregant and this is first time round for me so all new...

You are in my Thoughts....

Hi rachelf

Really sorry to hear of your loss and your current troubles; I really hope they find a baby on your second scan.

I can't offer you much advice really as my m/c was much earlier (6 weeks) and by the time I was offered a scan the vast majority of it had gone!! Now I am 6 weeks again and very nervous but I can't imagine what you must be going through right now.

All the very best for Weds :hug:

Sorry to hear your sad news.

I hope that you get some answers at your next scan. Will be thinking of you. :pray:

So so sorry to hear your sad news hun. I had a missed m/c at 10 weeks (when the pregnancy has not lasted more than a few weeks but your body doesn't m/c until much later on) and one of the hardest things to come to terms with was the fact that I didn't have a single clue until I started bleeding very heavily. I had the morning sickness, the tiredness- even the bump :(. It's a very cruel thing to happen and I totally sympathize. Miscarriages are very common though and they don't generally investigate until you've had three which seems very unfair I know. I'm TTC again and I think I'm probably going to pay for an early scan, around 8 weeks maybe, just to see a heartbeat as otherwise you'd not know.

Here of you want to talk or PM me
:hug: :hug:
+++

:hug: i am so sorry for your 1st loss :hug:
good luck for your next scan, i hope they see a little one :pray: could it be that you have the dates wrong could you be less than 12 weeks?
I hope its not bad news at your next scan but if it is the chances are there is nothing wrong with you, i have had 4 losses now and been through all the tests and they still havent found anything wrong, i also have 2 little girls who are perfect so dont give up hope.
the very best of luch with your scan on wednesday and let us know how you get on :hug:

Oh im sorry :hug:

something similar happened to me I miscarried at 6 weeks with a bleed and then after falling preg straight after I miscarried again as a silent miscarriage (no bleed) I also had sickness too...

Its touch and go tbh, i know its hard but it doesnt mean to say it will keep happening...

xxx

just wanted to say good luck tomorrow with your scan :hug:

good luck for today rachel.. wll be thinking of you :hug:

Good luck today Rachel. I miscarried alot earlier so don't know exactly what you are going through but wish you all the best. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi,

Just to keep you all updated. I went in for my scan on Wednesday morning and they only confirmed what we had originally thought. I believe its called a "Blighted ovum". The sister who I spoke to gave me several options on what I need to do next but I opted to go in for the ERPC as I am flying to the States on Saturday and don't want any probs with bleelding on the plane etc and health care in USA is very expensive! I got back home and should have had the appointment this morning. As the afternoon went on I was in such severe pain that I needed to go straigt back into the hospital. All the bleeding had got stuck with clots of blood. Anyway to cut a long story short lots of pain killers and a night in hospital and I am now back home!! I have been told to wait 2 - 3 months before trying agian in order to allow my body to get back to normal. Lets hope that it will be 3rd time lucky next time!!!

Thanks everyone for all your wishes of support - it makes me feel really good to know what kind people you all are out there.

I'm so sorry, it must be devastating.

Make sure you take time to recover physically and emotionally. I hope you've got good support around you with friends and family.

Take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back