Prob a silly question

Krystal

Reaction score
What the hell is an Emo? :think:

I keep hearing this gterm being banded about but don't understand. :doh:

I just keep thinking of Rod Hull and Emu :lol:

Please explain if you know :hug:

me me me I know miss !!!

Its someone who likes emotional rock like evenescense (sp)?

I think thats right?

I am rather old :think:

ahh right, i like some of evanecense songs that I heard on the box..

so i'm an emo :dance: :D

you rock! but before you go getting your stripey tights on I'd double check first, it may well mean someone who is the child of the devil for all I know? lol

By the way I went to Rod Hull's funeral. The reception was rubbish.

boom boom :lol:

You are right Lou!! I have a 14 yr old sister who is indeed an EMO!!

soulem said:
You are right Lou!! I have a 14 yr old sister who is indeed an EMO!!

I am so down with the kids right now. Check my bad self :)

lou said:

:rotfl: at first i thought.. ooh get her hanging at celebs funerals :oops:

hmm you'd be asking this question even more if you were the one trying to get biro writing off your son's school shirt saying "I am an Emo" :roll:

His friends idea of a joke

libs said:
hmm you'd be asking this question even more if you were the one trying to get biro writing off your son's school shirt saying "I am an Emo" :roll:

At least they didn't swear :angel:

Teenagers often use 'emo' in a derogatory way about others. I have to admit I don't know whether anyone decribes themselves as an emo or if it is only used to slag off others. Teenagers who are not goths use the term 'goth' in a way to slag off people who wear black so I think it works like that. I'm not sure if that makes sense :?

kalia said:
Teenagers often use 'emo' in a derogatory way about others. I have to admit I don't know whether anyone decribes themselves as an emo or if it is only used to slag off others. Teenagers who are not goths use the term 'goth' in a way to slag off people who wear black so I think it works like that. I'm not sure if that makes sense :?

I used to get asked if I was a goth. I used to say no I'm just pissed off and like wearing black.

Lou :)

lou said:
libs said:

At least they didn't swear :angel:

no they're his posh friends - and it was all spelt correctly :rotfl:

Emo's tend to have funny black fringy haircuts and listen to my chemical romance type stuff rather than Evanescense and also are usually under 20 from what i have noticed.

Flame said:
Emo's tend to have funny black fringy haircuts and listen to my chemical romance type stuff rather than Evanescense and also are usually under 20 from what i have noticed.

I like Fall out Boy and Panic! at the disco.

Am I emo?

I think I'm more elmo :think:

lou said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That took a while to sink in

Basically what Flame said,although add on a tendency towards bisexuality,self harm and general moaniness.

well i'm far too old to be an emo then :D

i still dont understand cos i don't know the music you speak of.. only evenescence cos they r on the box :lol:

My little bro was an Emo for a while. They like groups like My Chemical Romance and are generally depressed and wear eye liner (even if they're a boy). They do like to self harm and romanticise suicide etc. Kind of like a Goth but a 21st Century version

Fortunately my little bro grew out of that particular stage. :shock:

what i dont understand is why someone wants to be an emo if being an emo means it's good to be depressed and self harm :think: teenagers eh.. i'm so glad i'm outta that crazy emotional time. even though i had some good laughs as teen emotionally it's a strange period in life :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back