Private Treatment

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Hey Girls

As I may not get any help from the NHS for a long while I was considering going private. Does anyone know how you would go about doing this?? I have BUPA cover via work but its only basic cover so I doubt infertility costs would be covered.

Can you self refer yourself or does it have to be done via your GP ?

Thanks x x

Hey hun, not been through this myself but i think if you are going private then you approch a clinic and have a consultation where you explain everything and they can give you your options.

Thanks hun, I have been looking online and I found one close to me that deals with pcos so think I will send him an email and ask what the procedures are and what sort of costs I will be looking at.

I have had most of the tests done on the NHS so hopefully I wont have to pay to have them done again.

Hi there, you normally need to get a refferal from your GP for any private treatment. Might be worth calling bupa as they might be able to cover some costs as it can be very expensive if you just go direct, worth a bash anyway. Also depends on how you look at it but people have treatment for PCOS without thinking about trying for a baby so they may cover you for some treatment!
Good luck tho hun!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KanMoon
Back