private scan ???

Reaction score
Im unsure weather to have a private scan ........does anyone have experiences of this ??

Is it any different from the ones on the NHS ?

x

I am thinking if having a 3/4d one. I had a private one at 6 weeks, as we had been trying for so long. Hospital was nicer and they prob spend a bit more time with you.

Yes im also thinking of having 3/4D scan but don't like the idea of seeing what my baby looks like before he/she is born

x

We had a private early one at 8 weeks just as reassurance but haven't since and don't think we will as OH thinks its a lot of money to spend. Saying that though I really did not like my 12 week scan as sonographer really wasn't nice and the private one was so much better, she took our time and spoke to us and told us all she could see. At our NHS one the sonographer didn't say a word and in the end I had to ask if all was okay after the scan as she didn't even confirm all looked fine with baby!!! Private was deffinitely better but it is money that is very much needed right now. Got my 20 week scan coming up soon so will see how that goes before I rule out another private one xx

We had a private early one at 8 weeks just as reassurance but haven't since and don't think we will as OH thinks its a lot of money to spend. Saying that though I really did not like my 12 week scan as sonographer really wasn't nice and the private one was so much better, she took our time and spoke to us and told us all she could see. At our NHS one the sonographer didn't say a word and in the end I had to ask if all was okay after the scan as she didn't even confirm all looked fine with baby!!! Private was deffinitely better but it is money that is very much needed right now. Got my 20 week scan coming up soon so will see how that goes before I rule out another private one xx
aww that's a shame you didn't have a good experience at your 12 week scan, mines was ok and sonographer was chatty. But I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday so will see how that goes first :) . I also feel this is a lot of money to spend but found a great deal on 3/4D scans for where I live.

x

I've had 3 private scans at 6, 10 & 15 weeks. They have all been amazing, so much clearer than the NHS & there is more time & care taken. We are going to have a 4d scan too in a few weeks. Highly highly recommend it

If you found a good deal then go for it! I've been keeping a look out for deals and if a good one comes up in my area I think we will go for another. Hoping the 20 week scan will be a better experience too x

I had one at 10 weeks as my grandad passed away and I needed some happy news and reassurance. Was amazing! The people there were wonderful. Try and find somewhere with good reviews or a recommendation as I'm sure they vary.
My 12 week NHS scan was crap, 5 mins and one measurement then put back 4 days and ushered out.. So glad I had the private one.
Had one at 16 weeks too so we could take my step daughters as the NHS won't allow children. And just as well as my 20 week one was only 10 mins!! The 16 wk ome was 30 mins and fantastic!

Not that interested in the 4D ones, saw a bit in 4D but I don't really like it. That's my personal opinion though. Xxx

I had an early reassurance scan which was amazing. My 12 week NHS scan was horrible as the woman was a total cow. I have my early gender scan booked privately at 16 + 4. I wonder how they can tell so early, any ideas? Will it be 3D?

No they can just tell on a normal 2d scan, I had my gender scan at 15+1 & he was clearly a boy!!

They have told me to drink fizzy dunks to ensure baby's legs aren't shut so hopefully this will work :)

I had a private scan at 8 weeks for reassurance and I have to say it was wonderful :) I'm another who had a crap 12 week NHS scan, but my 20 week one was lovely, and they spent an hour with me. If money is no object I would definately recommend it, it is a lovely experience.

On a different note, are you feeling any movements yet? X

On a different note, are you feeling any movements yet? X
I have had no kicks but since Thursday night I have 100% been feeling bubbles . Last night one of the bubbles could have been a slight kick as it was a lot stronger than the others and OH said he felt it as his hand was on my bump. Going to see what happens over the weekend . Have you had anything ? X

Ah same here, Wednesday night I was settling into bed and was certain I felt movements but no kicks. Hubby had a feel but didn't feel anything. Didn't feel much Thursday but the last night again I'm certain I felt movements and possibly some kicks. Just hoping they get stronger now. Not felt bubba today so hoping to soon, it seems to be evenings he/she has been active. Eeekkkk so excited we have both started to feel movements now. Baby will soon be kicking away more regularly and stronger I'm sure! X

ohhh exciting, mines are normally around lunch and in the evening. Hopefully stronger soon but I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday so will see baby bouncing around :) :) xx

I had a private reassurance scan at 9 weeks. I had had a previous miscarriage but my hospital won't do reassurance scans until you've had 3 miscarriages. It was the best thing I've done and I whooped when she said she could see a heartbeat. The whole place must have heard! There was a big screen in front of me and the sonographer spent a good amount of time pointing things out to me for what was only a really tiny little embryo. Altogether worth the £80 it cost me for peace of mind. xxx

Ive never had a private one, nearly booked one about a week or so in a week moment and decided to stay team yellow in the end

Ive never had a 3D/4D scan, I'm not a fan of the photos, and although we have found out gender at 2o weeks before, I think the face of my baby is what I should see at birth

I do think a private one should give you more time, be better with siblings and family being there as your paying tho, and the dvds etc sound good to keep

All the best for Tuesday then! My 20 week scan is next Monday so not too long to wait but long enough it feels like!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back