Private IVF treatment recommendations?

tinselcat

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get private IVF treatment from?

Any idea of costs would be super-helpful too!

Thanks
xx

Preferably in London, but if people have had great experiences abroad, I'd be interested to know (and that of the relative costs)

Just asking because I'm sure someone on here has recently commented on good results from a clinic in Greece and I think she said it was tonnes cheaper??? xx

I live in the US so we had to pay for treatment, ICSI was $14k plus $4k for the drugs.
I know you can find it cheaper in Europe but it gives you a figure to compare to.
I'm pretty sure I saw someone's post on a forum that it cost £9k in UK for private but I could be wrong.
Good luck

You're NHS clinic likely do private too, we were treated at Guys for our 1 NHS funded cycle and then had our IUI cycles as self funded patients which cost £800 per cycle not including any meds. For IVF cycle it's £3000 and £4000 for ICSI and those prices don't include medications.
I hear lots of good things about Lister who are about £1000 more than the IVF costs mentioned above. A good place to start for looking for locations on clinics is HFEA website.
Also if you've only had one failed cycle Hammersmith are currently running a trial for a new trigger and participants receive a free cycle, which is what we've just taken part in and Scotchegg got her BFP from.

thanks tink, buggy & cosmic.

I was treated at Guys, too...

How would I go about getting involved in the Hammersmith program? (And do they do ICSI on that program?)

On the abroad thing, my main concern is that Guys were checking my bloods & scanning me every 2 days as they were concerned about OHSS due to being polycystic. While this felt a little OTT, I'm a bit worried that 2 weeks without any oversight might be too far the other way.

Last edited:
The place nearest to us, IUI is £800, IVF is about £4,000, consultations and drugs are a few hundred. I think the prices are similar to London.

Thanks for your info, blueflower!

Given we need ISCI, this is going to be way more expensive than I had imagined, oh god! Clearly it's worth any cost but my husband's continued unemployment makes this much harder! sigh

Thanks for your info, blueflower!

Given we need ISCI, this is going to be way more expensive than I had imagined, oh god! Clearly it's worth any cost but my husband's continued unemployment makes this much harder! sigh

Its bad enough when TTC doesn't work without having to pay thousands of pounds as well isn't it? So unfair! :-(

totally right, blueflower!

on the positive, I contacted Ali from the study above (thanks scotch egg!!) & have a screening appointment next week for the trial - praying that I qualify!

That's great news Tinslecat, the study had been fab and Ali is brilliant. It is ICSI they do due to needing to check the maturity of the eggs. Hope the appointment goes well

Hi Hun we had our treatment in Essex and Herts and in total ( including all after care scans and drugs) we paid £5,000
hoping u qualify for the trial, we used our savings but am now pregnant any questions feel free to PM me.
xx

We had ICSI at BCRM in Bristol, it cost £5800 including drugs and I chose the more expensive Gonal F injection pen as we were paying. Unsuccessful, and rather painful at that price!

Hello! I had my treatment in Greece (egg donation treatment) and as a result I now have a beautiful baby :D :D I had to follow that road due to age limitations here in the Uk (i was 36 at the moment), but it was definitely a blessing in disguise, wouldnt have had it any other way! If anybody need any info on the process, clinic, costs or whatever, just pm me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back