Private group B Strep test

Rainbow1234

Reaction score
Has anyone in the UK paid to have the group B strep test done privately?

I really want to do it for peace of mind but not sure where to look and what the process is. Do they send the swab to you and you do it and return it?

When is best to do it? Thanks!

I am going to get that done around 36week Mark. There are places that send you the kit to swab and you send back and get results but I am going to ask my consultant if something she could possibly do due to my anxiety about it all or recommend what one to use when time comes to do it. I will watch your thread for any tips other ladies have xx

I am going to get that done around 36week Mark. There are places that send you the kit to swab and you send back and get results but I am going to ask my consultant if something she could possibly do due to my anxiety about it all or recommend what one to use when time comes to do it. I will watch your thread for any tips other ladies have xx

thanks jac! I was thinking around 36 weeks too or maybe 37. Where are you based x

I’m Scotland too! Thanks I’ll have a read x
I have consultant appointment again end of the month. If I get any help from her I will def let you know but I know others have had test and so hopefully help you more than me xxx

I'm in Scotland and paid privately for the test. Mine did come back positive so having iv antibiotics during labour. I'm due 3 weeks tmrw.

I sent away for the free kit linked on the gbs charity website and paid £35 for the test. You send it after 35 wks!

They send you 2 swabs for both ends and you return it in a supplied return envelope. They txt you the result in about 3 working days and then written results about 5 working days. After my positive result i requested free alert stickers for my notes.

I'm in Scotland and paid privately for the test. Mine did come back positive so having iv antibiotics during labour. I'm due 3 weeks tmrw.

I sent away for the free kit linked on the gbs charity website and paid £35 for the test. You send it after 35 wks!

They send you 2 swabs for both ends and you return it in a supplied return envelope. They txt you the result in about 3 working days and then written results about 5 working days. After my positive result i requested free alert stickers for my notes.

thanks alexis, this is great info. I find it so crazy that they don’t test for this as standard as it’s so cheap x

I've passed this to my baby in 2nd pregnancy. They just gave me antibiotics during labour for my 3rd. Never saw a point in testing ... Even if I test negative today it could be positive tomorrow ☹️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back