prg with 2nd child had 3rd degree tears with 1st i have ????

mpwmommyof1

Reaction score
I had severe third degree tears with baby number 1. She is now 2 and 1/2. My ob told me that i needed to strongly consider a c-section with this pregnancy. I'm hearing very mixed things and i'm not sure what to do.If anyone has been there please help!

I didn't have tearing ... but unfortunately my "signals" from head to uterus weren't working and I never dilated more than 1cm on my previous pregnancys ... I have had 3 c-sections and all my children are great and healthy! baby 1 was 9 days over due- induced, nothing and c-section, baby 2 -14 days over due- induced, nothing and c-section , and baby 3 was scheduled and c-section on due date. I had no problems.

I will say the babies look better after c-section but, your recovery may be a few days longer. Its nice getting alittle extra bedtime in the hospital and at home. I am pregnant again with now #4 ... I am a little nervous, but we are in the 21st century and medical centers are ready and prepared for most anything. It is recommended not to have more than 3 c-sections, but what are they going to do, leave the baby inside me? No, it will be worked out and l'll be fine because I'll leave it in Gods hands!!

Just make sure you go to a doctor that has done many c-sections and has experience.

I wish you the best. God Bless!

ST 37y
DT 37y
married 11/21/92
DRT boy 7/15/94
CJT boy 8/26/97
CET girl 11/23/99
MC (D&C) 8 weeks 11/02
blighted ovum (empty sac 6weeks and D&C 10weeks) 10/03

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.