present for baby and mum

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!

My b/f's sister will have a baby in a short time and apparently she bought everything already. I asked her what kind of presents she would like and she said something that is educational for baby. Any original ideas? I suppose she would have had a bouncer and a playmat already so I was looking for something that she might not have.

Any ideas would be great!!!!!!

Thanks

How about one of those 'momento' books? where you fill out stuff about the baby, recording milestones, baby foot prints, scans lock of hair, etc. Not really educational but a lovely keep sake for once the baby is older and thy can show them all this stuff about them?

If not its a bit diffucult to find something educational for a newborn. normaly you want something that is bright colours with lots of textures to stimulate them like a hand held toy. I have seen before one thats like a bright fabric octopus and each of the legs is made of something diffrent, so it makes scrunchie noises, ir its rubbery with bobbly bits etc, with a miror on (babies love looking in mirrors) have a look in the ealy learning centre.

I got my neice 'baby einstein' dvds, they're really good. they sell them on ebay. Or in music shops or supermarkets.

apparently newborns love black and white patterns - my friend bought a soft book with just black white and yellow pictures in and her son loved it and was really mesmerised by it from very early on. not sure what the reason is, but they are supposed to be really stimulating for them.

maybe a laptop lol aww im joking but i swear thats what my OH will buy our baby..... maybe a set of story tapes for baby to listen to at night to help sleep.... they worked for me

*sam* said:
I got my neice 'baby einstein' dvds, they're really good. they sell them on ebay. Or in music shops or supermarkets.

I am already playing my baby the Baby Einstein Mozart CD. He loves it and even kicks extra hard when he hears song #9!

Its supposed to stimulate babies in the womb aswell as when they are born. I got the CD from mothercare and am planning on buying the whole set of CD's and DVD's for when he is born. You can also buy Baby Einstein eductional toys from mothercare.

I think they are an excellent gift idea and are really a luxury that not many people would spend money on for themselves when there is so much other essential stuff to buy for baby.

Lou :)

futuremum said:
Hi!

My b/f's sister will have a baby in a short time and apparently she bought everything already. I asked her what kind of presents she would like and she said something that is educational for baby. Any original ideas? I suppose she would have had a bouncer and a playmat already so I was looking for something that she might not have.

Any ideas would be great!!!!!!

Thanks

Hey me again!

I forgot about the internet! lol There are some excellent sites for alternative baby clothes and if you go to www.babywit.com then click on mom & baby they have sets of clothes for mother and baby. My favourite is the t-shirt set with cranky on it for mum and stinky on it for baby.

My sister has already bought me a relax t-shirt and love and hate scratch mits from a site called nippaz with attitude.

Lou :)

[quote="lou

My sister has already bought me a relax t-shirt and love and hate scratch mits from a site called nippaz with attitude.

Lou :)[/quote]

I have those, my OH bought them from the same website. They are so cute aren't they? He also got one with "never trust a hippy" on, which I think is a bit mean as I am quite hippyish. Love their clothes, am going to check out the website you suggested in your post xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back