Preparing house for baby

Kelly450

Reaction score
Are you all sorting out the house before baby arrives and if so, when?

I mean this in terms of moving things to certain rooms.

Like moving moses basket to bedroom? We put it in there today to see where we should put it but have moved it back now.

Also we will be bringing downstairs baby playmat and changing mat and bath and fitting them into the living space comfortably. Do you think I should be doing all this now or when baby arrives?

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

The moses basket has been in our living room since we ordered it. I also have a baby bouncer to my right....the activity gym is still boxed away at the mo.

I really loved having his things around while waiting for him. xx

Iv already sorted our house almost ready for baby by getting a corner coffee table so once baby is here the one in middle of lounge is going. Also Moses basket has been up n ready in our room for weeks and nursery is ready. We have the bouncer chair and play mat in the nursery still but will get tom to bring it down when baby has arrived. I think it depends on how big the tasks are to do and what u need to do in order to have stuff ready. X

I have Moses basket in its place in the bedroom all ready with sheets washed but have left the plastic bag thing round it so it didn't get dusty hehe. Other Moses basket is downstairs sitting on the dining table as thats gonna be moved around all over downstairs so doesn't have a set place. Everything else is ready to go as well, clothes in order of category lol folded and put in draws, all toiletries like nappies wipes etc all organised on the changing station. Pram staying at my mams until baby is here. Activity gym and bouncer still boxed and behind sofa for now. All I need now is a baby :) xx

I wouldnt mind doing it now. But dont want things getting dusty lol. Paranoid?
Sounds like your the same. We have the moses basket ready so can move that in bedroom on the day. Although could do it slightly before to make sure it doesn't get tripped over or in the way.

Really, its quite easy. We just have to bring the stuff down and move out the gaming chair.
We have no storage in our living room so not much to move out.
I just want to make sure it all fits in comfortably I guess xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

I have Moses basket in its place in the bedroom all ready with sheets washed but have left the plastic bag thing round it so it didn't get dusty hehe. Other Moses basket is downstairs sitting on the dining table as thats gonna be moved around all over downstairs so doesn't have a set place. Everything else is ready to go as well, clothes in order of category lol folded and put in draws, all toiletries like nappies wipes etc all organised on the changing station. Pram staying at my mams until baby is here. Activity gym and bouncer still boxed and behind sofa for now. All I need now is a baby :) xx

Sounds good :-D
I think ours is mainly our gym and bouncer that need moving. Ive organised clothes and nappies and wipes etc. Ill be all the place when he arrives im sure lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300

I've had cot up in our room for a few weeks now, but have only made it up with all the bedding today. The moses basket and bouncy chair,playmat etc are all still packed away until she arrives xx

I've been organising things today actually. Moses basket been in our room since we got it, needs bedding still though. All the other things nappies, toys, toiletries etc are in our room in storage units too for now as nursery not ready yet. We've had a reorganisation of a few things today and it's feeling much more ready now. We just need to swap the rooms and paint the nursery.that's all....

This is a sore subject for me at moment. We are starting to put down new flooring all down stairs & then paint & paper three rooms including nursery in next two weeks :( House is in chaos & could cry at thought of what needs done. Ive everything in for baby, all washed & finished ironing tonight put cant put it all away properly yet until after decorating. So busy doing all this & feeling abit stressed at how much needs done & not to mention feeling totally exhausted. Just wish i could have the house sitting perfect & could put my feet up.....sigh! Will get there some day x

Here's hoping I sympathise we had painters in past month was so stressful. ...im 37 weeks.and just been able.to.start enjoying my maternity leave.
Nursery done . Clothes. Washed.and in order of.size in wardrobe.
Crib in our room but plastic on matress. Sheets clean. Ready to go on.
Hospital bag now.packed.
I am wanting to sort.whole house.too.ive.ordered blinds for dining room . bathroom.
Still need to.put blinds . In . nursery. Buy nursing chair.
Felt stressed about it all . But . finally. Coming together

My first day officially off work today woop! And all I wanna do it start sorting the flat pmsl. Owen has his own bedroom and baby will share with us before she shares with owen. My plan is to start cleaning cudboard space as we r hoarders and stuff everything into the cudboard space (which isnt much space at all lol) then get onto the bedrooms and have a good sort! I really wanna paint too ( hubby is a tradesman and has told me om not allowed to! If I wait for him il wait forever! !) We shall see! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back