Prengnancy book recomendations?

Penstraze

Reaction score
Hi all, not long found out im pregnant with my first and would like to buy some good books on pregnancy and birth etc can anyone recommend ones they found good? Thanks

ive been buying pregnancy & birth magazines they full of so much info,
and great tips of where and what to buy for LO etc.

I haven't actually brought any pregnancy books.

sorry couldn't be much help. :hug:

I like The Pregnancy Bible but also have the What to Expect in Your First Year and that looks great so could imagine the predecessor is great too.

To be honest I read them loads in the early stages and haven't picked them up for about 10 weeks :oops:

I have three:

what to expect when you are expdcting (very good factual information)

A best friends guide to pregnancy (very good source of fun information)

And How to have a baby on Ebay (very good at telling you waht you need, includign other books and how to get them below retail price).

Recommend them all

Sandi

hiya :wave:

i have the new pregnancy and childbirth choices and challenges, full of information, i have used it for 2 pregnancies and still i'm find information i hadn't read through them two,
i think its really informative

Thanks everyone! I have ordered the 'What to expect when you're expecting.' book and will have a look for the others when I go shopping at weekend!

Just to add another vote for the Pregnancy Bible and I've also bought The Rough Guide to having a baby which is quite funny :D

I buy pregnancy magazines as they are always full of useful info ;)

I loved this book, Expecting, everything you need to know about pregnancy, labour and birth, when I was pregnant with Isaac, and have been reading it this time around too. It's very concise yet easy to use, and brief, not lots of waffle like in some books.

I also buy pregnancy and baby magazines, though they are full of conflicting evidenca and opinions so wise not to trust everything you read in them, as I'm sure you'll find hehe

Hiya,

i was given 'Pregnancy for Dummies' which is pretty good. I may have to go out and get the'what to expect...' book now. I have been getting the magazines as well. (Obsessed much?)

I even bought M one - 'You're preganant too, mate' which is just a funny one for dad's to be.
:)

Tadpole said:
Hiya,

i was given 'Pregnancy for Dummies' which is pretty good. I may have to go out and get the'what to expect...' book now. I have been getting the magazines as well. (Obsessed much?)

I even bought M one - 'You're preganant too, mate' which is just a funny one for dad's to be.
:)

I bought Pregnancy for Dummies when I first got pregnant (and mc) in 2006. It was very helpful for first tri. I had to suppliment this time round though as I found it had very little info about second tri in there.

I did loads of research before I bought any - but the best ones for me by FAR were:

Milk It! by Kate Hodson (brill book about how to get what you need, and how to enjoy the benefits of pregnancy, not just the horrible bits!)

So, youre going to be a Dad! (great book for the Dad to be, with just the right balance of humour, fact and ways to be helpful to your pregnant partner)

What to expect when youre expecting (I found this a great reference book, as its so factual, but WAY too gruesome and clinical for everyday reading)

Guide to Pregnancy ( I will look up the name to see who its by - but its a pink and green book - with a cartoon lady on the front, and loads of diary entries. Its so down to earth and funny - just what I needed)

Hope that helps! x

I got some of the above from my local library rather than buy them. Saving my pennies and all that. A few of them I had to have brought over from another branch and it cost me 80p per book to do that. I kept them all for 6 weeks and had a good read of what I wanted.

I doubt I'll actually buy pregnancy books, but shall get the odd book from when baby is born.

I do plan on getting a good book on home birth though :)

Thanks everyone, still waiting for 'what to expect when your expecting' to be delivered and will probably end up buying some of the others at weekend I love books!

I bought the Pregnancy bible which is brilliant, loads of factual information.

I also bought Jo Frost (super nanny) Confident Baby Care book which again has loads of brilliant ideas and tips to help you through the first year. I have read up to the 3 month stage and leaving the rest till Baby arrives. The advice she gives is excellent and has really given me a lot of confidence in what I am about to experience.

Also been reading Pregnancy & Birth magazine which again has loads of info and great practical tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back