Prenatal vitamins

PinkFlamingo

Reaction score
I've been having a look and there's soooo many to choose from!

Which ones are you taking? I've noticed some have got quite bad reviews on making you feel ill.
How far in advance did you start them?

Thanks x

I would suggest that own brand supplements are as good as any other. The likes of pregnacare are expensive (not to mention massive). Folic acid and vitamin d are the important ones. I have chosen to take the natural form, being folate as it’s easier to absorb. The recommendations from the evidence I’ve read is to start taking at least 3 months before conception

I would suggest that own brand supplements are as good as any other. The likes of pregnacare are expensive (not to mention massive). Folic acid and vitamin d are the important ones. I have chosen to take the natural form, being folate as it’s easier to absorb. The recommendations from the evidence I’ve read is to start taking at least 3 months before conception

Ooooo I'm not good with massive! Haha!
There's so many to choose from, it's a whole new world!
Sorry to sound like I haven't got a clue but by natural form do you mean by diet control? I tired googling but nothing coming up.
Thank you for replying x

I did a ton of research on this. I wanted to make sure I got the best Prenatal. I have been on mine since November and it was recommended to have it in your system for a good 3 months before TTC. It seems like all of the Prenatals don't have everything you need though, so I have to supplement with add'l pills.

I take Zahlers Prenatal and I take it with food and it doesn't make me sick. It's twice a day. It has the folate in it which is better for you than folic acid. I also take extra Vitamin C, Calcium with D3 and Probiotics. I would love to take B6/B12, but it doesn't make me feel good.

Sorry to sound like I haven't got a clue but by natural form do you mean by diet control? I tired googling but nothing coming up.
Thank you for replying x

I got mine from amazon. I think you'll definitely pay more for folate supplements than folic acid ones. It's personal choice obviously. This is what I use
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Fol...rd_wg=f1sOF&psc=1&refRID=M383XBCSV7CW8XNK36R3

I did a ton of research on this. I wanted to make sure I got the best Prenatal. I have been on mine since November and it was recommended to have it in your system for a good 3 months before TTC. It seems like all of the Prenatals don't have everything you need though, so I have to supplement with add'l pills.

I take Zahlers Prenatal and I take it with food and it doesn't make me sick. It's twice a day. It has the folate in it which is better for you than folic acid. I also take extra Vitamin C, Calcium with D3 and Probiotics. I would love to take B6/B12, but it doesn't make me feel good.

Thank you, gosh there's so much to learn!

Thank you for replying x

I got mine from amazon. I think you'll definitely pay more for folate supplements than folic acid ones. It's personal choice obviously. This is what I use
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Fol...rd_wg=f1sOF&psc=1&refRID=M383XBCSV7CW8XNK36R3

Thank you, will have a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back