Prenatal depression or pre baby blues

mummywanabe

Reaction score
I'm 34 weeks now and although looking forward to baby being born I also have a feeling of dread and anxiety like there's a weight on my chest, I've been crying most days and feeling pretty useless generally as a mother and a wife, I've done the nursery and packed my hospital bag which made me feel excited for about a second and now I'm back to feeling so low and bursting into tears over the smallest things, some mornings I just don't want to get out of bed but I have my 3 year old son who's been testing our patience quite a lot lately I feel so guilty over how I've reacted sometimes if I can't cope with him now how ill I cope with him and a newborn aswell

Have you spoken to your midwife, family or any friends about how you're feeling? Its normal to feeling teary at times but if its affecting your day to day existence to the point you're doubting whether its pre baby blues or not, then you should really talk to someone about it. Antenatal depression is real and needs to be treated if thats what it is. Is the little one at nursery? x

I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow and my hubby came home from work early because I was crying so much i couldn't pick him up from nursery today I just feel so anxious

Bless you, it is very overwhelming the thought of newborns and how you'll adjust to the changes and balance everything. If it's been going on for more than a few days, I would definitely bring it up with midwife as they are there for emotional support as much as physical. You may feel more positive for taking that step, too. I know my midwife team has a dedicated mental health midwife that you can ask to see. I hope you start to feel a bit better soon xx

Hi there and sorry you are having such a tough time. I don't have experience of antenatal depression but do of postnatal depression. The best thing you can do is seek help from wherever you can, talk to your GP, midwife, husband, mum etc. Anxiety is a killer for concentration and keeping the emotions under control and its nothing to be ashamed of.

Just because you have possible antenatal depression, doesn't mean you will go onto develop PND. Try to remember that once baby is here you will find it tough for all the reasons you have been anxious about but you have a reference point this time and be used to the routine which will fall into place.

I think my son has just been very trying the last few days and now I'm off work I have him 24/7 so when his behaviour isn't great he can be really hard work, and makes me anxious about having a newborn which is hard enough, had a good long cry yesterday and talked to my husband about how I've been feeling. Which felt so much better he's now taking a month off work when baby is born , 2 weeks paternity 2 weeks annual leave which makes me feel a bit better too

Hiya. I suffer with aniexty so I know how you are feeling. At the beginning of the pregnancy I was really worried about how I would cope with a 7 year old who has autism and a newborn and I got myself all worked up. I spoke to my midwife but she wasn't overly concerned. It will be easier for me because daughter will be in school during the day but I am worried about when DF is doing his 12 hour shifts and I am on my own! At the moment I seen to be getting more upset about being fed up and having to do everything at home! I sat on the bed the other night and cried because I was just so fed up but that's hormones for you! I hope you are feeling better xx

I really am feeling a lot better I was trying to be strong and hold most of it in and keep it to myself feel better for talking about it now even to you guys feels like a weights been lifted off my chest I really had moments where I just didn't want to get out of bed and just wanted it to be night time again so I could go back to sleep, and would just burst into tears or lose my temper which is totally unlike me, I'm Going to ask my mother in law if she wouldn't mind taking my son one day a week just to let me have some me time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back