Prem oxygen limits?!

Laurenm

Reaction score
Hi my 28 seeker is now 6 weeks and not needing oxygen anymore but the nurse has said at 36 weeks they change his limits do he has to be above 95 will he need to go back in oxygen or will his body catch up in the next 2 weeks?
Thanks

Generally as they get older there sats stay higher. It would depend on how boarderline they are now but if we had a well 34 weeker (corrected) then they may not even be monitored by the time they get to 36weeks. If your baby was on my unit and been out of oxygen for a while without having lotsof episodes of desaturating (where they drop their oxygen levels) we would stop monitoring their levels so wouldnt have them back on monitor's just because they were 36weeks.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks I was worried because I didn't want him to have to go back on high oxygen he's between 0.01 and disconnected still but hopefully over the next week he will be completely off

Sounds like he's doing well! If he doesn't shift it the limits will go up and his oxygen will go up but I am sure it won't be as high as he has been! Generally its only a couple so if he's in 0.01 now it'll only go up to 0.03 give or take and by your question I assume he has been higher than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back