Pregnant sooner than I could have expected...

Skidoo

Reaction score
Came off the pill in December and thought it would take months/years to concieve as I'd been on the pill to treat PCOS.

Found out on Sunday and I'm miserable. My OH (is that right? - other half?) has so far behaved as if it's really no big deal at all. He's being nice enough, but making no concessions and I feel like I might as well do this on my own.

Is that normal?

well hun and congrats!

it is normal to feel down, deflated, depressed, get used to it! lol, your pregnanycy hormones are working over time right now so you will go through many diffrent emotions in one day.

it gets easier tho, dont worry :)

Thank you - it's good to know it will get better.

We argued last night and I ended up sleeping on the couch because at 3 o'clock I decided that I really couldn't bear the snoring and the booze on his breath, but he's telling me how tired he is!! So I know it's partly that I'm just dog tired, but I don't know if I can stand this.

You will probably have many silly tiffs with you OH in the early days, and maybe even later on, but it's normal. Sometimes I think my OH is the most alien thing on the planet who understands nothing about how I feel. When I asked him why he didnt talk much about the baby at first - he said he was scared of getting attached and something happening (ive lost 2) and that he didnt know what to say other times incase it made me upset! which i guess made sense! It is an emotional time hun, but hang in there - you'll get through it xxx

Oops - I posted a whole new thread trying to reply to you! But, mostly just thanks. I think I'll be on here a lot in the next few months :eek:)

I replied on your new thread :p you dont need to type a new subject when just replying to as post hun - just leave it blank. you only need to write it in when writing a new post.

x

I'm new to all this stuff both pregnancy and web forums - have barely ever posted on ANY sort of forum before, but think I'll be here a lot ...

UPDATE

Got home last night and he'd vacuumed the whole flat (including behind and underneath things) and was cooking dinner. He has decided to quit drinking - except for social occasions and he doesn't go out much :wink: - and was back to being the kind, affection, loving man I was missing. I now feel that he is very much in this with me - the only thing is that he's really anxious now!!

Just thought you might like to know.

Skidoo,

I'm with you babes. Have had numerous tiffs over the past few weeks and at the time they are the worst - you think, this is the one - I'm on my own now - how did I ever decide to have a child with him?!

Another pathetic fight last night - and do you know, I don't even remember what it was about now! I was even considering buying my ticket back to Oz and leaving in the next week. Don't ask me what money I would have taken with me or whatever or where the hell I would have lived.....ha ha ha.

Saying that though, we haven't spoken as yet today (he's still in bed) so it could still be crap - I'm going to get him an apology card today. I have been treating him awful and making him feel it's all his fault that I feel like this.

I tell you - I cannot wait until post 12 weeks when hopefully this emotional stuff has disappeared!

Sass
x

Hi Sass -

Hope he woke up in a happy frame of mind and things are going better. It's so difficult that the hormonal reaction to problems (and I guess it's a form of self defence) is to think 'right, that's it - I'll do it all by myself!!!' I was thinking all those thoughts Monday and Tuesday and figuring out how I could look after myself and my (not even visible yet) bump. But it's worked out for me and I really hope it will work out for you too!!

- Skidoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back