Pregnant or Period?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Babygirl123, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Babygirl123

Babygirl123 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I really need some advice :/

I lost a baby last year and ever since, my PMs symptoms have been different. They've never been really bad but for the past year, they resemble preg symptoms.

Extreme mood swings, extreme breast pain, nausea similar to morning sickness, headaches, sensitivity to smell, I've even had two false positives (with the last one over 6months later). And a missed period.

I've never had the most regular cycle but now it's way off. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not currently trying to conceive but I'm not taking anything to prevent it either. I just want nature to run its course....but every month it's a horrible reminder when I have false preg symptoms and then I get my period.

My dr said this was normal for the first period or so after the loss, but it's been almost a year. I hate feeling this way. What if I am pregnant this time?

I just need advice :(

2. Mar_15

Mar_15 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Sorry for your loss. To feel like you are pregnant every month when you want to be sounds totally normal to me and I imagine it is something that almost everyone in this forum can empathise with. Could it be that you just notice you're body a lot more now you have been pregnant and experienced a loss?

You have been pregnant before and only you know how your body feels so if you really feel there is something wrong you should go back to the doctor. But first, maybe you should have a good read through the TTC section of this forum, especially the testing threads. You might feel a bit less alone.

If you want to put your mind at ease and just have a yes/no answer, do you know you can buy very cheap pregnancy tests on amazon/ebay etc. They are like the ones the doctor uses and cost around 10 GBP for a pack of 20.

Good luck x

3. Babygirl123

Babygirl123 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. It is extremely hard and I appreciate that you understand. I will test again if AF doesn't come in a couple days. Its just extremely hard and idk if ill ever be myself again