Pregnant in Yemen. Help me please

Kothar

Reaction score
Hello. My name is kothar, and I'm approximately 5 weeks pregnant. Me husband and I came to yemen to take care of his mother until she was well enough to travel to the states. We got caught in this pandemic just like the rest of the world and cannot travel. We missed the window to leave but my mother in law wasn't fit to travel. I recently took 3 pregnancy test and well all came back positive. Plus the signs I'm having confirm it. Now here's my issue. Yemen is a very undeveloped country a war torn country actually with the worst health care system I've ever seen. Although no confirmed Corvid-19 cases I highly doubt it's capable of containing it should it reach this country. We are confined in our home here hubby is the only one going in or out. Being vigilant and careful we decided not to visit any Drs or obgyn for the time being for fear of the Corvid-19. My question is I've started taking folic acid and fish oil 1000mg with omega-3, I've read online it's benefits are great for the fetus in the first trimester. So when Should I stop taking the first oil? After the first trimester? Also how long do I keep taking the folic acid? Should I be taking any other vitamins? Help a new mommy out please. As of right now this forum will have to be my obgyn. Thanks in advance.
Kothar

Welcome and congrats.
Get yourself a pregnancy vitamin if you can? Order on amazon maybe. This will have all the vitamins you need during pregnancy.
Is the country on lockdown even though there is no cases? x

Welcome and congrats.
Get yourself a pregnancy vitamin if you can? Order on amazon maybe. This will have all the vitamins you need during pregnancy.
Is the country on lockdown even though there is no cases? x
Thanks for reply. No the country isn't technically on lockdown, although the government suggest we stay inside and avoid crowds it seems like business as usual. Everything is open but schools and colleges. Here the pharmacies are open to anyone without a prescription which is very scary. You can go in and request what you want. Yikes. So I went in and asked for pregnancy vitamins and fish oil with omega-3. That's all I'm taking right now. If airports open soon ( doesn't look like anytime soon) we will head back to the states. In the meantime I'm just searching online what I should be taking and eating and what I should avoid. It's so much information. I thought maybe joining a forum and hearing from mothers would be best. Oh and Amazon doesn't deliver to Yemen bummer.

I would stick with the prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Check if your prenatal vitamins contain DHA already. I'm not sure an overdose of omegas are good in a pregnancy.
I'm in aviation myself and we will only start flying again on the 15th of May if the pandemic has been contained a bit more. I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck, certainly in such a poor country.
Do you have a doctor of gynaecologist which you have gone to in the states? Maybe you can call them and ask for advice?x

I would stick with the prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Check if your prenatal vitamins contain DHA already. I'm not sure an overdose of omegas are good in a pregnancy.
I'm in aviation myself and we will only start flying again on the 15th of May if the pandemic has been contained a bit more. I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck, certainly in such a poor country.
Do you have a doctor of gynaecologist which you have gone to in the states? Maybe you can call them and ask for advice?x
No Dr in the states. Yes I'll just still with the prenatal. I do hope May is also the time they allow us to fly.

From what I understand taking folate supplements is essential throughout trimester one.

If you have a good diet you are probably going to be already giving bub everything needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back