Pregnant, Excited, and Scared !

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by babs575, May 5, 2005.

1. babs575

babs575 New Member

I have taken 3 tests in the past 3 days to make sure it is not a false positive. It has been 2 years since we stopped using birth control. I was starting to think that I could not naturally concieve. Then Last week I though I was getting my period. Cramps, sore breasts, moodiness. I have also been getting dizzy for about 3-4 weeks now. I was at the store, picked up a test, fter all, the tenderness never went away. And I'll be darned... I am pregnant. I am not a regular person, so I am having a hard time figuring a due date. I am thinking Dec 28. I am still having this cramping. I have been looking up symptoms and found that this is common. I still am scared. Please someone reassure me that everything is fine. I have no bleeding, just mild sporatic cramping. I woke up this morning and my breasts were not as sore as yesterday, so I hysterically creid thinking something was wrong. I thought I would be so excited and overjoyed. I am really scared to death! I am normal right? :? [/b]

2. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Yay! Don't worry- the cramps sound really normal- if you go onto the First Trimester board lots of people are talking about having them and I think they carry on a bit too- it's just your uterus stretching and getting bigger. I was told not to worry unless they got painful or if there was blood but I had them everyday from really early on until about 6 weeks when it started to slacken off a bit but I still get them occasionally. As for your reaction to being pregnant I can sympathise. Before I tested I was leaping around like an excited kid at the prospect becuase I'd wanted it for so long but as soon as I got the positive I got really quite scared and spent at least a fortnight convinced that I was eating totally wrong, that I was going to get Toxoplasmosis, that I had high blood pressure etc etc etc plus I paniced at the thought of such a huge responsibility. We haven't told anyone but my parents yet so it's oddly lonely and so this list has really really helped me get a grip! I don't know anyone who's pregnant or who have had kids recently other than my quite annoying busy-body sister-in-law and she's 14 years older than me and had her youngest 9 years ago. I am sure to get no end of advice from her when we tell but I'm glad to have spent so much time on here first as I think it helps you get a perspective :).

Anyway take care and congratulations again :) :)