Pregnant, ectopic or all in my head?

CatLady86

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Let me start by saying my period is not due for another 8 days. I am 7 days post DTD on ovulation day. However I have read quite a few stories of people who just ''knew they were pregnant'' or had some symptoms from 1-3 days after DTD. Apparently there are still hormones and stuff involved once the egg is fertilised despite in not being implanted yet. Apparently implantation can happen any where between 6 to 12 days after ovulation. Anyways I'm sure some of you have experienced early symptoms so I just want so input/advice. I apologise in advance if my post is long, and thanks for reading :)

Sooo, like I said, I DTD on Ovulation day which was last Monday (26th) so it has been 7 days since then (8 including that day), my period is due on the 10th. My symptoms have only started in the last 4 days and some in the last 1-2 days (so 3-7 days post ovulation). These are the symptoms I have been getting:::

* Mild nausea - it doesn't make me feel like I'm going to throw up, I just feel sick, it comes and goes throughout the day.
* REALLY hungry - seriously, for about 3 or 4 days now I am STARVING. I am not eating any more/less/different than usual but I am sooo hungry particularly at night.
* Sore breasts and sore nipples - this started at about 3 DPO so maybe too early for a Preg symptoms but also seems way too early for a period symptoms :/
* Hot flushes - they come out of no where and I feel like I am burning up
* Increased dizziness (I suffer from dizziness anyway so it's hard to say whether this is related to possible pregnancy or not
* Yesterday and today I have been getting some quick sharp pains in my (right) shoulder tip (hence the worry of ectopic). There have been more today than yesterday, they happened on and off over a couple of hours early, very quick sharp twinges but not unbearable despite being painful. Then they settled down. And then it was an on and off achey type of feeling
rather than sharp pains (for now at least)
* had to pee like 3 times before I fell asleep last night
* As of today I have been getting a lot of abdominal pain. It started off as VERY sharp pain in my lower abdomen (just above pubic bone) AND up my rectum. Now I have had this a handful of times over the last year or 2 as I think it is possible I have IBS, but EVERY time I have had it in the past it has disappeared as soon as having a BM. But this time I had a BM and continued to get rectal and stomach stabbing pains, so painful that it hurt to move. And one time I sneezed and it gave me such a sharp stabbing pain in my stomach. Then that settled down and all day since then I have had this pain in my lower abdomen that I would say feels something like a mix of gas, constipation (even though I had a BM) and PMS pains (even though I'm not due on for 8 days). By but there still does seem to be a slight/mild sharp pain in my bottom right abdomen with a random pain in my left shoulder (but not currently in the tip)
* Lower AND upper back pain
* been waking up with sore throat, ear pains and stuffed nose for 3-4 days (that settles during the day, apart from the stuffiness)
* The only other thing I have noticed so far is I have taken my temp for 3 days and it has raised by .4 degrees so far. But I know temp rises can also happen at various times throughout the cycle right?

Now, I know none of you can tell me if I'm pregnant or not, but I just wondered, based either on your opinion, stuff you have read/heard or your own experiences does this sound like pregnancy, or an ectopic pregnancy, or like it could just be caused by other stuff and I'm other thinking it.
I do want to be pregnant but I am not TTC, and I have a major fear of ectopic pregnancies.
Also I am agoraphobic so I can't just 'go to the doctors.' But I am going to hold off and see if my period comes and if not then obv do a test, just wondered people's opinions.
If you read all of this then thanks so much :)

****UPDATE****
So coincidentally straight after posting this I VERY suddenly had bad stomach pain, felt sick and like I was burning up, went to the toilet and had diarrhoea and now I feel okay again, slightly warm, slightly sick and back to the milder tummy pains that were there before :/ Ofc that is gonna make me worry even more about ectopic >.<

Last edited:
Some women can implant early. I've tested at 8dpo and had positive tests.
Your symptoms sound good, but you will not be having any signs that it's ectopic atm, it usually starts around 6 weeks (one sided pain, bleeding or spotting, pain in shoulders).
I would test in a week x

Your symptoms sound good, but you will not be having any signs that it's ectopic atm, it usually starts around 6 weeks (one sided pain, bleeding or spotting, pain in shoulders).
I would test in a week x

Thank you. That's good to know 'cos I've gotten suddenly very unwell. Diarrhoea 3 times (sorry tmi), felt BOILING while on the toilet, BAD lower tummy and back pains hurting a lot, and feeling like I'm gonna throw up, once I laid back down I went freezing, check my temp and my thermometer claims it has dropped from 37 when I checked a couple or few hours ago to 36.3 (which is lower than my usual body temp) and I feel freezing and am shivering so I got so paranoid that it was ectopic related :(

I would test in a week x

Thank you. That's good to know 'cos I've gotten suddenly very unwell. Diarrhoea 3 times (sorry tmi), felt BOILING while on the toilet, BAD lower tummy and back pains hurting a lot, and feeling like I'm gonna throw up, once I laid back down I went freezing, check my temp and my thermometer claims it has dropped from 37 when I checked a couple or few hours ago to 36.3 (which is lower than my usual body temp) and I feel freezing and am shivering so I got so paranoid that it was ectopic related :(

You get a dip in temperature at implantation. Your symptoms sound very good. When I caught pregnant I had sore boobs 5dpo and from ovulation I had a massive increase in appetite, I was hungry all the time. Had really crazy dreams too. You can buy a first response test for 10-11dpo. I had a good line on that but make sure its the early response one. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back