Pregnant and alone

lilacdoll

Reaction score
Hi. I'm helping my friend go through with her current situation. She's pregnant and unfortunately, had a bad relationship with the father of her baby. In short, they separated because the guy decided to end it up and return to his family. She doesn't want to have any communication anymore with her ex and she wants to support her pregnancy on her own. However, she doesn't have any savings and her salary is just enough for her basic needs. She doesn't have any credit card either and we're thinking of ways to have enough amount for her delivery. What could be other possible ways? I'm trying to get her an online part time job so she could have extra income.

I'm sorry I've no idea unless she gets another job. I would seriously look to the baby's dad for help even if they are not together they can still both provide for the child. Xx

I'm currently checking out if she can just get a loan. I checked our local credit union and they have really good personal loan rates. I'd have to ask her about her credit score and see if she can meet the monthly repayments if ever.

Dont get her into debt. She wont be able to work straight away and she shouls be relaxing not worried about paying a loan. Get the dad to give money its his baby.

Sounds like they're US based. Different ball game, I'd contact the authorities to see what support she might be entitled to.

Please do not let her sign up to a loan she will end up worse off in the long run. xx

what about online dating sites? I am not sure but some guys don't mind if a woman is pregnant or has a child from previous relationship.

Last edited:
I agree with what has been said before. I understand she wants to do it her own way but she must be sensible regarding what is best for the baby. Getting loans or into debt in any other way is a really bad idea, it will snowball and make her feel far worse. She needs to look into what she is entitled to and contacting the father, he needs to be supporting her even if she does not want that. This really does sound like the only sensible option for her and the baby

No the whole part of "some guys don't mind if a woman is pregnant " is wrong to a whole other level. I really think when you're pregnant regardless of the situation think of the baby first before starting another relationship and bringing a stranger into your child's life. Once there's a child to look after it's not about yourself anymore. So even if she thought this is about relationships that advise is just wrong.

No the whole part of "some guys don't mind if a woman is pregnant " is wrong to a whole other level. I really think when you're pregnant regardless of the situation think of the baby first before starting another relationship and bringing a stranger into your child's life. Once there's a child to look after it's not about yourself anymore. So even if she thought this is about relationships that advise is just wrong.

Agree the advise is wrong, considering they're looking for financial advise and that's basically suggesting whoring out.... however, if someone wants to date or even falls in love with someone when they're pregnant, then there's absolutely no problem with that. I don't see how it would mean you're being selfish for doing that, and surely it's personal choice.

Back to the topic, I assume you're based in the US? She should firstly look into getting maintenance from the father, he chose to run off, the baby is still his. Secondly, would she not be entitled to any benefits/state support? Don't suggest loans!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back