Pregnant and a Server???

Kelli27

Reaction score
Im 16 weeks pregnant and a server ......i have been for about 2 years....just wondering if that was a job that i should reconsider....now that i am pregnant....would it be safe to continue???...any advice would be helpfull.....

whats a server? like a waitress/barmaid ? sorry for the silly question...

I think it means in the army?? or something like that im not to sure either to be honest :?

maybe its a southern thing....a server is a waitress.... :lol: sorry for the confusion

Of course you should first ask your doc. As for my opinion, you'll probably be ok for now since you're just 4 months along. As you progress though you should listen to your body and if its possible quit when you feel that its getting to be too much. I worked at Disneyland throughout my first pregnancy. I had to stand for 8 hours a day, mostly in a row except for my half hour lunch. It was soooooooo hard on my body. I sometimes cried at night because everything hurt so bad (feet, back, you name it). The doctor told me it was fine but I sure didn't feel fine. If you stay, your last trimester will probably be rough. Do you work 8 hour shifts or 4? That might make a world of difference. Don't push yourself, now's the time to relax and take care of you if you can.
Lots of luck!

I think the difference in contanents has something to do with the confusion! LOL

I'm so thankful I haven't had to work during this pregnancy. Before I had a miscarriage in July 2004, I worked in a pharmacy and was always on my feet. I was always tired and always went home with a backache and that was working parttime! I have no clue how I would have worked during this pregnancy, I'm a wimp! I'll be going back to work after the baby is born and I think i'll cry the first day I drop my baby off at my mom's! I'm not going to want to leave her!!

i work in a resturant aswell my shifts are usually 8-10 hours but my boss is really good she said if it gets to much then i can just do office work or have extra breaks but it does wear you out im only 10 wks my feet kill after a days works were as they never used to just take lots of breaks you will be fine :D

I work in a residential lettings agency looking after tenants once they have moved in and making sure they pay rent on time etc! I'm starting to find it hard, not so much the hours (full time 9am to 6pm) but more the emotional side of it. I get shouted at every day by people from all walks of life. I could take it before I was pregnant but now i'm finding it tough going!!! :?

i know quite a few people the waited tables up until their 9th month- actually a friend of mine walked to work everyday also and after getting home one night she went into labor- i think it is safe as long as your pregnancy is normal- but a great help on the stress on your legs is to wear maternity hose or tights- it will help a lot from being on your feet all the time- i waiting tables and bartended so i know how tired those feet can get just carrying you- good luck- you might get some extra tips as well-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back