pregnant again or hormones left over from miscarriage?

cassiek25

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this but would appreciate any opinions or anyone that has had a similar experience. I got pregnant in november and unfortunately miscarried on new years eve. I took a clear blue digi test on the day I miscarried and it only showed 1-2 weeks pregnant when I should have been 6 weeks so at least showing 3+ on that test. Anyway I went for a scan on the 4th and they told me that I had a complete miscarriage and that my uterus was empty and my blood test hcg had dropped down to 77. Now the other day I decided to take a test to see if it was negative and to my suprise I received a positive 2-3 weeks and the next day I got a positive 1-2 weeks. Thos seems strange as the day of miscarriage I was receiving a 1-2 reading and it is now three and a half weeks later. I've been to the doctors yday and have been reffered for an urgent scan and bloods however my hospitals idea of urgent is still a week away so now I am left in limbo and I'm worried. The doc mentioned possibility of ectopic or left over tissue that could be causing this. Sorry for the long post but if anyone has any odeas or been through something similar please get back to me. Thanks xx

Oh Cassie, I'm so sorry for your loss XX

I would have thought it's more likely to be that your HCG levels have still not returned to normal , and the test is picking this up. After my D&C, it was two full weeks before I got my negative test result at home to then know I was ready to go again.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you - Wishing you to have good news at the scan next week, let us know how you get on

Thanks for your reply. I thought it was more than likely just my hormones too but my doctor seemed really concerned and I think that's what's worried me now. It just seems weird that on the 4th january when I went for my scan tests were only faintly positive but now three weeks later they are stronger. I haven't really stopped bleeding either its been heavy some days and some days just some spotting. I just hope its not an ectopic that they've missed. I guess I just have to wait for the blood results and scan x

yes it's always a worry , that something could have been missed , but they have you under their wing now and will be checking for problems, so that's great, so try not to worry , you just need to be fully sorted and get that neg test and can move on a little more X

So sorry to hear of ur loss :hugs: After my mc I had retaining tissue for about 3 months after before they finally sent me for a d&c op. I had positive tests the whole time and I was bleeding on and off. My hcg just before the op was 27, and causing me so much problems. I'm glad the doctors are doing something about it for u early on. Make sure they sort it out for u xxx

Thank you both for your replies. I'm going to go in tommorow to have a blood test to check hcg levels but have to have to wait for scan next week. The doctor gave me three options she said its either a new pregnancy, some left over tissue that's been missed or possibly an ectopic. I've just been reading about ectopics and I don't have any pain that they describe so I'm now thinking its either left over tissue or just my hormones playing up. Kanga I can't believe they left you three months before sorting it out. I got really annoyed with the hospital today they. were so rude to me and I was asked by three different nurses how far along I was. None of them had even read my refferal and letter that my doctor had wrote to them.. They wouldn't see me in the end but atleast have booked me in for next week.

I went for 5 scans after my mc actually happened, all showin a small bit of tissue but they kept fobbing me off with it will come ou on its own or with ur next period. I finall broke down on the phone to the epu and had the op 3 days later!!

It's just awful the way us ladies are treated after a mc, I even had a pregnant sonographer a one of my scans! :shock: just what I needed someone rubbing it in my face what I had lost! Xx

That's crazy. I really hate the way they treat us. Its like they just don't care at all. I went in for bloods first thing this morning and they were just fobbing me off saying its probaly nothing but now I've just had a call saying my hcg levels have gone up. They were 77 on the 4th january and are now 127 so they want me back again tommorow for another test. I really don't think its possible that I'm pregnant again so really don't know what's going on. Would this happen with left over tissue? xx

That's crazy. I really hate the way they treat us. Its like they just don't care at all. I went in for bloods first thing this morning and they were just fobbing me off saying its probaly nothing but now I've just had a call saying my hcg levels have gone up. They were 77 on the 4th january and are now 127 so they want me back again tommorow for another test. I really don't think its possible that I'm pregnant again so really don't know what's going on. Would this happen with left over tissue? xx

My Hcg levels were 87 and I miscarried the next day :shock:

It must be such a head fcuk to keep getting these conflicting results?

I would say that although there has been an increase it really isn't significant enough for it to indicate a viable pregnancy so I think you need to demand a scan.

Hcg should have jumped a Hell of a lot more than from 77 to 127 in the space of a few weeks.. But of course anything is possible!

Try to get an answer one way or another tomorrow sweetie - best of luck!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :-( I know my levels are too low for a viable pregnancy I just don't understand what's going on. I miscarried three and a half weeks ago and my hcg is higher now than then. I just don't know what that could mean. I'm most worried about an ectopic they missed. I know I just have to wait until next week to know for sure but it is a massive head fcuk x

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage :-( I know my levels are too low for a viable pregnancy I just don't understand what's going on. I miscarried three and a half weeks ago and my hcg is higher now than then. I just don't know what that could mean. I'm most worried about an ectopic they missed. I know I just have to wait until next week to know for sure but it is a massive head fcuk x

Have you had any indication of ectopic hun?

If you do, get yourself straight to A&E.

xxxxxxx

I've had the on off bleeding they describe with an ectopic, sometimes really heavy sometimes just spotting and also kind of watery blood but I haven't really had much pain. My pregnancy tests have never been negative since the miscarriage. I had bloods done again this morning and the nurse again said it might be an ectopic they are going to phone me later with results. I would of thought if they suspect an ectopic they would treat it as urgent but they aren't. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back