Pregnant after ruptured ectopic advise needed please

becsybabe

Reaction score
Hi all so Iv found out I'm pregnant I'm 6weeks tomorrow. I had a ruptured ectopic in April last year. I lost my right tube. After my operation the doctors told me that when I fall pregnant again I will need a scan at about 6 weeks to check the position of the baby.. So here's where I need advise this morning I went to the doctors as I was told I'd need to be referred by a doctor to the EPU anyway he said to me since I have no signs as yet it's another ectopic I can sit and wait since il get a scan at 12 weeks any way or he could possibly see about referring me.... Seriously where do they get these "doctors" from. I have only one tube left I do not want to lose that one aswel... Anyway what should I do? Wait to hear about a referal? Make another doctors app with someone else? I have no idea I'm worried sick xxx

I would see someone else. If you were advised this then the doctor should follow what's been said xx

Apparently because I have no pain and no bleeding he thinks I should be fine xx

Do you have it in writing that you would be scanned on your next pregnancy? If so take the letter with you and try again. If not I would personally get a private reassurance scan, they are £65 here and they will tell you if the pregnancy is in the correct place and if not they will refer you to the epu.

No nothing in writing but when I rang the EPU about it she said my doctor refers me. The reason being is due to having a previous ectopic I am at higher risk of having another. Xx

My consultant has sent letters to my GP after each appointment and copies them to us so I've managed to get it in writing that I need early scans and what medication they want me to take, so I wondered if yours had done the same.

I would certainly get a private scan if you can't get an NHS one, I think £65 is well worth the piece of mind (and possibly the remaining tube!).

Thanks snowbee I have booked a private scan for a week on Saturday however I am contemplating going back to the doctors tomorrow morning xx

I had an ectopic pregnancy in jan this year, also lost my right tube. i was told the same about the early scan and was told to bipass the doctor and ring the epu direct. Im now 5wks 1 day and my scan is booked for the 28 march when im 7 wks. Ignore the doctor, u need to be monitored more closely xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back