Pregnant after miscarriages, does anyone recal having these thoughts?

Lilalylola

Reaction score
My pregnancy seems to go better so far then the others! My tests look darker, and I have no cramps, saw breasts etc.
I also got my 2-3 today! I never got past 1-2 last time!

But still I cannot shake the feeling that it will go wrong again, I have a bad feeling about this pregnancy while there is no real reason for me to feel this way at the moment.
Did anyone experience this? And how did it end?

I do have a painfull hip on one side after walking, but I guest that's because everything is stretching..

I've had 2 mmc now and I know that I'll expect the worst next pregnancy.

I just can't imagine going to a scan and getting good news!

I had no reason to think anything had gone wrong with either pregnancy as they were both missed miscarriages.

A loss changes pregnancy for sure. For me anyway, it'll never be the same again.

Fingers crossed all is well for you this time hun and that you get your rainbow.

XX

Yes! I've had 5 losses, 3 at 5 weeks, 1 at 8 weeks and 1 at 13 weeks. I'm still waiting on the bubble bursting with this pregnancy even though I'm almost 15 weeks now and my testing has all came back low risk.
I still haven't even told anybody I'm pregnant except my manager for appointments etc

I mc in september, and found out I was expecting again in January. I overanalysed every twinge, and constantly worried. I was going to the loo every 10 minutes to make sure I hadnt started bleeding, fretted because my symptoms were different to my first pregnancy. I went for a private scan at 6 weeks to try and find reassurance but although there was a HB present I still felt like something would go wrong. I'm 11 weeks now and have my NHS scan on Monday, I've found HB on the doppler a few times too and finally the worries are starting to go away. It's easier said than done but in all honesty just try not too worry too much. Have faith that whatever is meant to happen will happen, and hopefully you'll see a healthy baby at your scan :) x

I'm the same as Rhelen. I had a mmc in September and gpt my bfp in January. This pregnancy has felt easier in terms of symptoms so that worried me from the start. I've had sore/warm nipples thoughout but only felt nauseous a few times.
I was convinced my dating scan would be bad news, but it wasn't!! All is well.Think once you've had a loss you'll always stress tbh. I'm trying to think positive. Best for baby... But tough!!
Hope you can relax soon xxx

I'm exactly the same - had 3 losses now and never made it to a reassurance scan. I'm 6+2 today, and this is my scary week as I've never got past 6+3 I think. I have a reassurance scan booked for the 21st and as much as I thought I'd tempted fate at first, I'm making myself relax a lot more this time. My midwife was great and told me if I felt I needed time off work until the scan, so be it. So I've pretty much been attached to my sofa since Monday! OH happier me being at home than at work as my job is stressful and there is a lot of in-team bickering lately which unnerves me. Just be kind to yourself - the thoughts won't help - you need to keep positive. Get yourself out for fresh air, download some meditation apps. I had reiki and hypnotherapy in January which have bother helped hugely with keeping me calm xx

Yes, I've only had one mc, it was in December. Tomorrow will be the day of how far I was last time.
I saw my baby on the Monday before heart beating on a scan, and then the Friday I fully started bleeding, and Monday I passed it. Yesterday I had some spotting, but it's stopped. Not anything like the mc, but I still had a good cry.
I feel so tired, sick, sore boobs but I keep having dreams that I'm bleeding. I did wake up yesterday thinking did it happen again.

I'm nervous it's going to happen, lots of hugs to you who have been through more than one. Xx

I'm the same- I've had problems in past and this wasn't properly planned either so I've been nervous- not to mention the hospital misdiagnosis messing with my mind... My boobs aren't sore at all and my nausea only just starting (but could still be leftover from food poisoning) I get back pain and a lot of cramps. I feel like sometimes om just waiting for it to go wrong. I so want this baby but not super excited about it because it doesn't feel like it's actually going to happen yet... If that makes sense

I had a miscarriage last december and the may before that. I'm so nervous it's going to happen again - I've been getting cramps just like before my period starts so I keep thinking I'm going to start bleeding.
Not sure I'm ever going to get out of this 'its going to end badly' mindset.

Perfectly normal feelings....and I'm now lying in the house with my 2 sleeping babies after mc's before both. It's so hard but you have to be positive and believe. Set yourself wee time goals throughout your pregnancy. Sounds really silly but I had a screensaver with the quote 'always believe something amazing is going to happen' and it was a good way of seeing a positive thought throughout your day. Good luck x

I had a mmc sept 2014 so wen i got pregnant july 2015 the worry was there from day 1 and tbh even though i got reassurance at scans an wen baby started moving the thots werd there throughout and to b perfectly honest i wasted my pregnancy didnt enjog it and quite frankly cudnt wait for it to b over

I had no reason to think there was anything wrong with the mmc but i think i knew wen i went for my scan as wen the woman asķd me if i was ok i sed "yeh but i think i know wats coming"

Try an not worry hun xx

Ive had one mc that was a shock pregnancy as i was on the coil and so suddenly mc. I actually knew i had mc before i had got a positive test so i guess for me it helped the grieving proscess a bit as I knew itwas over before I was actually sure that I was pregnant iykwim.

But despite this, I realize now being pregnant again how much having a loss changes your outlook on pregnancies as a whole. Of course w always look after ourselves the best we can and its not in our control but I notice now how blasé I was first time round with Jackson before any losses. I did have a bleed and was worried but never fully thought Id lose him?

As soon as I found out I was pregnant this time I went into worry mode, testing daily, inspecting lines and comparing and just had it in my head I was gonna have a chemical.

I do think a loss changes your outlook on pregnancy, adds more fear to it. Not to say those who havent had a loss dont worry, but its different. Ive had both kinds of worries and for me the deep routed worrying came after my mc.

Im now also another level sympathetic to those either going through a mc or pregnant after a mc and is super worried because now that Ive been there I know its a whole other ball game after a loss.

All we can do is stay positive as we can be and accept the support if and when we need it. I hope you manage to stay positive and that this is your take home one.

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back