Pregnant after ectopic

SamanthaMcC

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Last year I had an ectopic that was missed and ended up coming away by itself which was extremely painful. I’m now pregnant again and have had an early scan where I can see a heartbeat. But every so often getting some spotting and pain where it was before. Anyone else been through the same thing?

Haven't been through this before but i am guessing because of your ectopic last time the EPU would have made sure they checked the pregnancy was in the right place etc?
If not then i advice you to book another scan and express your worries.
Spotting however is normal in early pregnancy and so are cramps but best to be safe than sorry. x

They would've checked position of baby at your early scan so I wouldn't worry about it being ectopic. Pain and cramps early on are very normal. Spotting isn't really normal if you're far enough along to see a heartbeat but does happen to some women for no reason. I'd mention it to the midwife - almost definitely nothing but better to be safe than sorry x

I am sorry to know about your loss. Sorry, I can't help with personal experiences, I want to wish you a healthy pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back