Pregnant after ectopic

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After Loss' started by SamanthaMcC, Oct 2, 2019.

1. SamanthaMcC

SamanthaMcC New Member

Hi everyone.

Last year I had an ectopic that was missed and ended up coming away by itself which was extremely painful. I’m now pregnant again and have had an early scan where I can see a heartbeat. But every so often getting some spotting and pain where it was before. Anyone else been through the same thing?

2. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Haven't been through this before but i am guessing because of your ectopic last time the EPU would have made sure they checked the pregnancy was in the right place etc?
    If not then i advice you to book another scan and express your worries.
    Spotting however is normal in early pregnancy and so are cramps but best to be safe than sorry. x

3. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

They would've checked position of baby at your early scan so I wouldn't worry about it being ectopic. Pain and cramps early on are very normal. Spotting isn't really normal if you're far enough along to see a heartbeat but does happen to some women for no reason. I'd mention it to the midwife - almost definitely nothing but better to be safe than sorry x