Pregnant after chemical pregnancy

Reaction score
Had a suspected chemical pregnancy 21st feb after having continuous faint positive tests. Started bleeding 21st feb, went to the hospital and my hcg was 38. Was due to go back the following week but a test the day before was negative after bleeding for 3 days lighter than a period. So i called the hospital and she said there was no need to go. Had a slight feeling i was pregnant again so i took another test on friday and saturday and it was very much positive. Has anyone caught so soon after and it has all gone smoothly? I am going to the doctors today and see if they suggest blood tests etc to make sure it is progressing. The tests the first pregnancy were all quite faint but there is no denying this one. My partner is convinced it is still the same pregnancy but the hcg wont drop to negative and then back again.. Will it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 45
I'm no expert but I think this has to be a new pregnancy if you had a BFN after your chemical.... So fx for you.
I believe congratulations are due to you :)
Xx

I thought that but hes adament. So much that he wanted to have a bet �� I win no doubt. Should have done more than £10 that's how sure i am lol. Done another pregnancy test this morning just because last time the tests were faint and not getting any darker. Safe to say these are definitely getting darker. Thank you. 3rd baby, i may be crazy haha! Fingers crossed all goes well this time! X

Definitely a new pregnancy. Great line.

Fx this one sticks.

Congrats!

xxxx

I know love.

Ive actually been there myself a few months ago. I had a loss in September and refused to believe this pregnancy wasnt a chemical as my lines were faint for a wee while.

Even now Ive seen baby at 8w Ive convinced myself something will go wrong at my scan next week.

We cant help it.

xxxx

I know love.

Ive actually been there myself a few months ago. I had a loss in September and refused to believe this pregnancy wasnt a chemical as my lines were faint for a wee while.

Even now Ive seen baby at 8w Ive convinced myself something will go wrong at my scan next week.

We cant help it.

xxxx

I have been to the doctors this morning and he called the hospital as he wants me to go and have a scan. He is 50/50 whether i actually lost the first pregnancy or not. Its all a bit bizzare as i went to the hospital with bleeding and getting faint positive tests and then within the matter of a few days it was negative. He doesnt think i should have got a negative test so soon after a positive and its only been just over three weeks since that negative test and now the tests are really dark. I have a scan next wednesday. I will either be 5 weeks or 9 weeks so we shall see. Never been through this before. Its so stressful isnt it? I had a miscarriage in 2010 at 12 wks 2 days, i have had 2 children since then, and now this one. I'm 99.9% that it is going to be a new pregnancy but everyone keeps saying how they dont think it is especially as its so soon and when i was bleeding i didnt lose anything apart from the bleeding which only lasted 3 days and was probably lighter than a normal period and they last about 5 days usually. I'm going crazy lol.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the bfp - hope it's good news for you with the docs xx

Congrats Hun!

I've had loads of chemicals and think if your hcg was 38 then it's perfectly normal to have a negative test soon after.

I'd also predict a new pregnancy.

GPs don't have a clue. On at my surgery told me to use Hpts instead of them doing my bloods the other day (I'm doing them twice a week til my 6 week scan for reassurance) I told him it was useless as they're not quantitative and he said "oh yeah.."

If you get ur docs to run hcg bloods for you that should give you an idea of how far you are before your scan 7-8 weeks.

Good luck with everything.

Xx

Congrats Hun!

I've had loads of chemicals and think if your hcg was 38 then it's perfectly normal to have a negative test soon after.

I'd also predict a new pregnancy.

GPs don't have a clue. On at my surgery told me to use Hpts instead of them doing my bloods the other day (I'm doing them twice a week til my 6 week scan for reassurance) I told him it was useless as they're not quantitative and he said "oh yeah.."

If you get ur docs to run hcg bloods for you that should give you an idea of how far you are before your scan 7-8 weeks.

Good luck with everything.

Xx

I've never had one before. Its bizzare isn't it?
Yeah some doctors are useless aren't they. He doesn't think i could have caught so soon as i havent had a proper period. I have no clue lol. Guess it's just a waiting game until then!x

Oh congratulations hun , Your test looks strong, doesn't look like a Chemical , it's quite common to get a Bfp after a Chemical ive heard, come over to November mummies when you feel up to it my lovely :)

xxxxxxxx

Good luck with the scan!! Let us know how you get on...and congratulations on your BFP!! xx

Oh congratulations hun , Your test looks strong, doesn't look like a Chemical , it's quite common to get a Bfp after a Chemical ive heard, come over to November mummies when you feel up to it my lovely :)

xxxxxxxx

Thank you. I just need to know whether i caught again or whether i didn't actually lose the first baby. Doctor didnt mention anything about chemical pregnancy, was more concerned at the fact it was less than 3 weeks between the both tests. Veryconfused lol. Where is November mummies? Do i search it on here? Xx

Its nearly d-day. I'm hoping some miracle is gonna happen and its gonna be the first baby because my belly is popping out like you wouldn't believe! Was working so hard to get my flat belly before i found out i was pregnant lol. Already suffering with backache! Gonna be a longgg few months ahead lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member