Pregnant after 7 years

SaraT

Reaction score
Hi everyone I never had an IVF or IUI but I feel your pain. We have been TTC for over 7 years. I have never felt so alone or hopeless in my life. IF is such a private and personal pain that it seems no one understands. I have delt with major depression along the way and some really bad anger problems. I was so mad all the time really bad when someone would be pregnant. I haven't been to a baby shower in 6 years because I couldn't stand to sit there and pretend to be happy. I couldn't even hold my nieces when they was born I missed out on that joy don't get me wronge I was happy but also so incredibley sad I felt something I can't explain. Every month it was always the same thing you try to see hope in everything even when you BBT starts going down and your spotting and get crushed when AF arrived just like you knew it would.

7 years, test after test,...Dr after Dr seems like I get no answers "everything looks good" is what I get. I pushed my Dr for clomid even though I ovulate because I have read success stories of woman taking it and ovulate on their own but no results. I've lost a lot of money, got in troubles with my husband, my family, .... It was a disaster. A friend of mine was the only one who supports me during this period. She did everything she could to help me, she borrowed me money, offered me an ebook that really helped me. Even if she live far from our house, she was with me when i need here. I'm very grateful and thankful to have her as my firend

So after 7 years of pain I’M NOW pregnant, and that's what matters for me . I'm 15w.
It’s like I’m born again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly what you are saying, it has been 4.5 years for me so far. Are you now pregnant? Xxx

Congratulations! Sounds like you really deserve it! We didn't ttc for that long, but it's painfull when af shows up every month and you feel like everyone around you get pregant!!!

FX for you hun!

xx

Hi Sara,

Just wanted to say congratulations!
I can certainly relate to parts of what you have said. We were trying for 4.5 years and nobody understood, more to the point, nobody seemed to even care the longer it went on. Ironically, the further into unsuccessfully ttc that we got, the more support I could have done with.
We never went as far as IUI either, DH decided that we should abandon all medical intervention after about 2.5 years as it was getting us nowhere and my stress levels were through the roof every time we had an appointment or meeting and it would result in nothing. No diagnosis. No solution. Nothing.
I'm truly hoping that the whole depressing time is truly behind me. Crucially, we have our 12 week scan tomorrow and I'm hoping that I 'deserve' good news.
I got a BFP last year and at our 12 week scan the pregnancy was diagnosed as ectopic; I never expected that to happen as I stupidly thought that life would not be so cruel. Hopefully, I'm not being naive thinking that this time it should all work out ok.
Fingers and toes crossed for a happy and healthy pregnancy for both of us. :pray:

Congratulations!! I bet your soo happy, we tried for a year and that was hard enough, could not imagine 7 xx

awe massive congratulations hun thats such lovely news!!! bet ur estatic!! xxx

WOW all that time but so so worth it! Congrats hun! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy! :) x

Big grats hun. I thought I was the only one for trying over 7 years! I feel a little better now knowing I'm not the only 1 out there to be trying so long.

May you have a happy,healthy baby at the end :)

Wow, fantastic news hun. :yay:

Have a wonderful pregnancy. x x

Massive congratulations to you! I can't even imagine how amazing you must be feeling right now. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back