Pregnancy vitamins

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Blueflower, May 6, 2016.

1. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

Hi! Can anyone recommend the best pregnancy vitamins please? I am finishing off my Pregnacare Conception but should probably graduate! When did you switch? :preg:

2. xxSparklesxx

xxSparklesxx Well-Known Member

Hi blueflower.

I was on pregnacare conception and switched to pregnacare original about 5 days after bfp.

Took them up until 3/4 days ago and then switched to seven seas as iv been feeling really awful and wanted to see if the vits were making it worse.

For past 3 days iv just took folic acid and vitamin d. Still feeling rough although today I was only sick twice! Result.

As long as ur getting the recommended dose of folic acid I don't think it particularly matters what brand etc you go with xx

3. cornishfairy

cornishfairy Well-Known Member

I'm using pregnacare purely because they were on 3 for 2! ;) I know I used them last time too but think I used another type too, Seven Seas possibly... I didn't find they made me feel more queasy but I hear a lot of ladies do have that trouble
    X

4. scn

scn Well-Known Member

Once my pregnacare were finished I just switched to a combined folic acid and vitamin d tablet x

5. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Was taking pregnacare up until I couldn't swallow them anymore due to sickness, so when I feel like that I just take folic acid

6. MissJuliet

MissJuliet Well-Known Member

Asda do a good one x

7. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

Great! I'll have a look when I'm out shopping! :thanks:

8. madsticks

madsticks Well-Known Member

I was taking just folic acid and vitD until last week when I got Asdas own brand pregnancy multivitamins. All the same ingredients and at £3 for 60 tablets I'm not going to turn that down!

9. Slb24

Slb24 Well-Known Member

I found that pregnancare made me Sick. I switched to tescos own and again the minute I took them I was sick. I'm just on folic acid and vitamin D now. Once I get passed 12 weeks hopefully I can try them again. It's about finding which ones suit you xx

10. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

Pregnacare Max - to be taken throughout pregnancy. If you struggle to swallow you can get it in liquid form. I take mine with food, never made be feel sick & is the most recommended by midwives xxx

11. Lolie14

Lolie14 Well-Known Member

Pregnacare Max for me too