Pregnancy Tests

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by LucyBee, Jul 6, 2005.

1. LucyBee

LucyBee Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how early you can do a pg test?
    Do you have to wait until the day your period is due?
    Lucyx

2. Tina Lisa

Tina Lisa Member

Hi! :)
    Some tests can detect up to a couple of days before but generally, you can try from the day you're due.

Hope this helps! :wink:

3. Guest

Lucy - try www.simplyfertility.com for Ultra early test sticks. They can be used 7 - 10 days accurately after conception. They are posted really quick to you and the woman who owns the site is lovely. Give them a go?

http://www.simplyfertility.com/product_ ... 9006a6308a

They detect the highest amoutn of hormone at 10miU/ml of hCG which is alot better than the standard 25miU/ml of hCG that most tests detect. And it's free P&P to the UK now - which is new!! :D

HTH xxxx

4. LucyBee

LucyBee Well-Known Member

That's great! Thanks so much.
    Lucy x

5. Casa

Casa Member

One thing I do wonder ...

Once you do a test and the line shows for negative, or two for positive, will they stay around longer if you are

a) pregnant
    b) not pregnant

I was wondering this because if it's really hard to tell if the second line really exists, then if the darker line stays there for longer perhaps I may be pregnant. If both dissapear (even the second line that I think I see but maybe dreaming about!) then I'm off to have a wine and nice slice of Brie Cheese tyvm!