pregnancy tests at 40

Mogeley

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me

i have never been able to get pregnant and felt a bit weird and my period was 2 weeks late

on friday i did a test which was positive, i was so shocked i went out and bought another one which wa also positive on sat morning

on sat evening still unable to believe it i did a third, which was also positive

my worry is could i be starting the menopause and its that and i'm not actually pregnant, i know it sounds daft but i dont want to get my hopes up

moira

Hi Moira,

You cant have a false positive!!

I wouls get to the doctors and ask him to confirm it, but it sounds like you are!!#

Congratulations!! :D :D :D :D

Sounds like a Big Fat Positive to me! :D Get yourself off to the docs.

Nothing can give a false positive other than leaving the test longer than 10 minutes before reading it. Menopausal symptoms do not include the realse of the hormone Hcg which is what the preg tests pick up on.

Congrats mate :D Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Congratulations!! Great news - now go and put your feet up!!! Keep us up to date xxx

Sorry, if you dont mind me asking, you say that you havent been able to get pregnant in the past, how come?
Pregnancy tests can on rare occasions give false positives, if you have blood or protine in your urine or if you are taking medications that contain HGC for example some fertillity treatments.
The best thing for you to do is to get yourself down to your GP and they can confirm for you by doing blood tests and a pelvis exam.

Hi Moira,
yes im sure you are expecting and congratulations, im 42 and 10 weeks now, so just try to relax and enjoy, iv just been to my first appointment today, even though i dont feel at all pregnant and explained this to the midwife, have had a previous m/c she seemed fine about it, i just wish in my own mind that i could be certain about everything, like having a scan or hear a heart beat to give me some reasurance, as being older they say they give you more care, but im afraid they didnt, so i hope you have much better time and get a lot more info than me, she seemed she was in such a hurry and only filled in forms, so im now told i will be able to have a scan at 16 weeks, hi to every one
:lol:

CONGRATULATIONS MOIRA...

That could have been me writing your posting. I was exactly the same, I thought I had started the Menopause early and was equally shocked when I saw the BFP on the Pregnancy Test.

I too am 40, this will actually be my sixth child (all others are grown up) Get yourself along to the Doctors and to be honest you will be shocked at the number of woman who get pregnant in their 40's.

Check out a Website Called Mothers 35 Plus. Full of women in their 40's pregnant and with babies who have loads of stories to tell.

Hope to see you around the boards & Chatroom

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/b]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back