Pregnancy test after mc

Tina14

Reaction score
How long will it still read as positive after a miscarriage?
I miscarried just three weeks ago and just wondered what it would read if I took one.

It's different for everyone depending on how high your hcg was when you miscarried. Mine took about three weeks to become a squinter after my 13 week loss and got my period 2 weeks after that, my cycle then went back to its usual length xx take care xx

I'm sorry for your loss. I miscarried in Feb this year, I took one about 10 days after and it was negative, 6 days after my hgc was 180 (EPU blood test). Once it happens and if there is nothing left then I guess it drops pretty quickly.

ah ok.....thank you xx
Its now nearly 4 weeks, so I may do one this weekend. No sign of period though.
xx

I'm so very sorry for your loss hun.

I'm currently going through my third miscarriage.

I had it confirmed yesterday at EPU and they advised me to test in two weeks to ensure its gone negative.

If your loss was four weeks ago, then I would expect your test to be negative by now.

In regards to your period, sometimes mc can alter your cycle a bit. I'm sure it'll return soon enough though hun.

I hope you are ok?

XX

Sorry for your loss.

I think its different for everyone. I was 5-6w pregnant when I had my loss and as I had a big gush and passed everything all at once, my bleeding stopped after a week or so and test was negative within 2 weeks (I didnt test sooner, so could have been sooner for me)..

For my cycles returning it kind of differed for me as I needed my coil out first (I MC'd before I had my BFP and had a coil in situ) but it was a non hormonal. I got my AF in October shortly after having coil removed.

xxxx

I've had 2 periods since. The first one was really light and not normal for me, which was about 7 weeks after and then it was another 8 weeks and that time it was pretty normal. Hoping it stabilises out now so I can start trying again.

Sorry for your loss, i mc in september last year, i had to test 3 weeks afterwards and it came up negative, i was told if it was positive i had to go back to the hospital. In between my mc and testing i had to go back to the hospital for blood tests to check my hcg levels were going down. i was told your period should come back between 4-6 weeks but everyone is different.

Take care

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm finding this forum full of supportive people who send genuine concerns. I really do appreciate it.
I've not yet done a test. I'm not doing so well with it all really. The whole process was awful - I received bad care from the hospital and my GP feels I'm having a PTSD reaction to it all - flashbacks, hallucinations at night etc. So I'm taking tablets during the day and night to help my anxiety.
I'm too nervous and sad to do a pregnancy test as the last time I did one was for happiness. If that.
Makes sense.

I think I've had the pre period twinges. But nothing else has happened.

I wish everyone well xxx

I'm really sorry to hear that :( I think the care I received at the hospital was pretty poor as well, but I just try and remind myself that it wouldn't have affected the outcome. I didn't get my EPU appointment until 6 days after it started.

I still find it hard now, but time has helped a little. I guess my advice is just to talk about it and think about it as much as you need to. If you aren't okay that's fine, you're allowed to grieve as much as you need to.

Just look after yourself, mind and body x

Awww hun, I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad.

Have you considered calling the Miscarriage Association for support?

XX

I just wasn't given any advice or anything from the hospital staff. I've had to google and ask on here really. Saw a rather unsympathetic GP afterwards to who wanted to just prescribe me antidepressants - which I declined many times during my appointment.
We have a counselling service through work who,I think I will contact.
Both my partner and myself have just returned from Scotland - it's our happy place. I was able to relax and enjoy the scenery etc.
We came back last night and my anxiety returned, had to reach for a diazepam and had really poor sleep. So I guess I do need to talk about it.
I'm also in the process of putting in a complaint against the ward (it really was that bad) but it's hard to revisit and type the letter. I guess, as I'm a nurse myself - and a fellow human being(!) I'm aware of what care should be delivered.
Think I've also got a lot of pent up anger inside me due to it all.....

Still haven't done a pregnancy test. xx

Sorry your feeling so down. :hugs: time and speaking can be a good healer.

I know what you mean on the care front. I've complained a couple times about nhs care on different wards or clinics. I think because you give a standard it's quite frustrating when you see all diff standards been given out. Take your time and revisit the letter when you feel wee bit better.

Scotland is where I live. If only you could see it now. Pissing of rain :lol:

Xxxx

I know what you mean on the care front. I've complained a couple times about nhs care on different wards or clinics. I think because you give a standard it's quite frustrating when you see all diff standards been given out. Take your time and revisit the letter when you feel wee bit better.

Xxxx

Thank you.
Yeah, I made notes on the hospital visit, so will revisit when I'm able to.
It's just basic care!! How can you not get that right?!

Lucky you up,in Scotland....we were staying in Taynauilt for the week. Took a few trips into Oban...bloody love it there. Looks like we left right when we did - I was wearing factor 40 for a few days ha ha!
Although manchester isn't much better right now...
xx

Xxxx

Thank you.
Yeah, I made notes on the hospital visit, so will revisit when I'm able to.
It's just basic care!! How can you not get that right?!

Lucky you up,in Scotland....we were staying in Taynauilt for the week. Took a few trips into Oban...bloody love it there. Looks like we left right when we did - I was wearing factor 40 for a few days ha ha!
Although manchester isn't much better right now...
xx

Yeah and even just consideration most of the time some staff lack. Its like they can't be arsed giving you it and that's your luck. Its not on.

Ahh I'm more closer to Oban. Im near Balloch or Lochlomond maybe 30min from there. Yeah I got burned last week its been lovely the past 2 weeks. But towards the end got quite clammy I was begging for rain.

I was in Manchester in September for a gig. Been twice now I quite like how similar Manchester and Glasgow are lol.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back