Pregnancy success after blighted ovum

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Sorry I keep having thoughts about having another scan with an empty sac.

Have any of you had blighted ovums then the next successful pregnancies?xxx

Hi sunbeam...

Firstly, Congrats!! :) I am now just over 7 weeks, and feeling exactly the same as you. I had a blighted ovum back in October, and am so scared my scan will show another empty sac. Apparently though it is rare to experience another. I have a scan next tuesday and I've already booked the day off work even though it is in the morning, just incase anything goes wrong. I just keep thinking that if there is anything wrong this time, it is really out of my hands, so why worry about it. Chances are the worst won't happen, so why waste energy worrying. Easy said than done, I keep slipping back into thinking those bad thoughts!! Are you getting an early scan?
xxx

Argh! I'm sorry you had an empty sac too. :hugs:

I've booked a scan for feb 11th, I'm jot sure of dates so will either be touching 6 or 7 weeks so if it's 6 weeks I'm
Hoping there will still be something to see!

My symptoms are nil really so I do feel relaxed about things and positive but had a day where I've wobbled a bit.

My mw called to day and said no early scans at all on nhs in area unless I'm
Bleeding or cramping so really pleased I booked my private scan next week.
Xxxx

Hi Hon
I had an early scan today as I was having some pain in one distinct area (it turned out to be normal pregnancy pain, thank goodness) and I was measured as 6 + 2 and saw a little baba and heart beat so you will def see something.

I understand your anxieties ladies as I had a MMC in September so am super scared by every little thing x I was lucky to get a scan today but decided to go to a and e and get a referral from there because of the pain.
x

Thanks mrskb :)

Ah congratulations & you must be so pleased. I am nervous it might be the same again, I'm having alot of cramps but no other symptoms.

I'm so pleased the scan is on 11th because I don't have the uncertainty waiting for the 12 wk scan. If the pain becomes severe I will go to epu but feels like growing pains. I feel less pregnant than last time but I know every pregnancy is different so I'm hoping this one is just taking a bit longer to shine! Xxx

:hug:

Blighted ovums are rare hun, you have a much greater chance of having a successful pregnancy than you do of having another experience like you did.

Remember, don't compare your symptoms with last time. It won't tell you anything. It's insane how our minds work in these situations. I worked myself into a right state because I had virtually no cramps at all (last time I had cramps). I was just looking for some reassurance that 'something' was happening. Yet, if I had lots of cramps then I probably would have been thinking something bad was going to happen. You just can't win. Our minds torture us at times don't they?

I will never forget how nice it was to be blissfully ignorant and not analyse every little twinge that goes on in my body.

Oh and symptom wise, if you are going to get some then they could kick in at 7 weeks like mine did. Though if they don't, try not to worry because it doesn't mean something bad is happening!

Funny, I felt less pregnant this time too, so much so that I didnt think I was pregnant but took a test as I was nearly a week late for af, got shock of my life when it was positive. But soon after started to get 24/7 nausea, tiredness, breast tenderness and bloated stomach, feel so awful!!!!
I had cramps to begin with too, but not very painful, so hoping they are nothing to worry about. I think for every symptom that is a positive sign, it can also mean the opposite, so best not to analyse symptoms!
Goodluck with your scan Sunbeam...keep us updated xxx

Thanks!

I really dont know why i think like this sometimes, my head feels like a washing machine! I get the same fear over and over like you said it's rare to happen again. :)

I know, as it feels like achy type period pains and nothing else it's made me paranoid. Reading your stories really helps to give myself the slap I need!

Roll on 11th Feb!xxx

Hi Sunbeam (and Karolina)

I haven't experienced a blighted ovum - another lovely lady I speak to (Hope81) also had this last year and is now in early stages of pregnacy again and is bricking it about her early scan. Bless you all, it must be so scary and worrying!

I look forward to you all one by one having your scans and getting the OK!

I know it's easy to say "don't worry" but really ladies, try to keep calm. I am sure you have your sticky beans :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey, I'd an empty sac in Sept :( then I fell pregnant again in Dec but had spotting around 4 weeks for 5 days so was booked in for a scan. I had it on tues at 6w 3d and immediately all that I could see was an empty sac. But after a min of digging around there was the little rascal hiding at the back, yolk sac and heart beating away. Its the most amazing feeling after expecting the worst. Like the girls said, its more likely to have a healthy pregnancy than another blighted ovum! Wishing you luck xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your story kra0 that gives me hope! Congratulations on your pg too xx

My symptoms are still just cramps but mild over the weekend and some dizziness but nothing else. Have really chilled out to my surprise and I haven't done any more poas so really looking forward to the scan.

I'm keeping everything crossed! :) xxx

Wishing you a super sticky bean in there , early scans are good as they do reasure you and keep you going for a bit. so really push for one if your worried

hi just thought id comment. I had a blighted ovum back in march last year, and ended up getting pregnant 2 weeks later, but didnt want early scan after the last experience! I just thought what will be will be i was an absolute wreck. I found out at my 12 week scan that i was pregnant with identical twins! i worried even more all the way up until 20 weeks, because they shared sac and placenta as they were mono which made it very high risk! they were born at 36 weeks with good weights and absolutely perfect! So goes to show that after a blighted ovum things can be fine :)

Thank you JJ & Princess xxx

Ooh Congrats on your twins! How are you doing with 2 babies?

I did another digi yesterday which is 3+ so my hcg has risen properly I'm just waiting for my scan sat! Nervous but feeling far more positive. The lack of symptoms un nerves me but it's out of my control I just need to wait for sat. Eeeekk!

Thanks again for all of your comments & stories xxx

sorry only just seen ur reply! very busy due to having 2 7 week old little momsters! fingers crossed for your scan let me know how it goes sending positive vibes! xx

Oh wow princess-twins I'm not suprised your busy, so blessed! Hope it's all going well :)

Thank you for your story :) I had my scan today 6w & 3 days with a heart beat...I am over the moon xxx

Thanks for all your positive vibes, I don't know where I'd be without your support!xxx

awww lovely you got to see your lil baby's heartbeat hun, made up for you :) :)

Thank you ladies, it's really nice to add another positive story to the forum and give others the encouragement they need when theyre down as everyone has Been so supportive to me :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back