pregnancy question

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by patricianorwood, Jun 15, 2005.

1. patricianorwood

:lol: Im three days late and very excited. neg test but i ovulated late so i figure thats why it hasnt showed up yet. Does anyone know if you ovulate late you should still should start on time right? Im having the syptoms. I have frequent urination and tender breast. any info But im claming this baby in Jesus name. Ive been praying for this for months.

2. joan

joan Well-Known Member

From what I've read, ovulation occurs (usually) 14 days before your period starts. But anyway, the time from period starting to ov. can vary, but the time from ov. to period is always the same.

So late ov. <-> late period.

joan - who can't bring herself to use "AF"

3. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I beg to differ a little bit with the length of time between ovulation and period, if you are just coming off the pill and waiting for the system to settle down.

I took my temperatures as a method of natural birth control when I came off the pill for a whole year and it seemed to take ages before the temperature stayed up for a whole ten days (between ov and period), which is apparently called the luteal phase.

I didn't get a long enough luteal phase until about eight months after coming off the pill

However this is what I got from just one book (Taking charge of your fertility), I don't claim to be any sort of expert or anything.

Hope this helps.

I can recommend the book to anyone who wants to know more about what is going on inside your body like cervical fluid, cervical position, temperatures, etc etc. It really was an eye opener and I wish I had found the book years ago, I may not have bothered going on the pill at all.

:D