Pregnancy paperwork - no dates match!!

Smileygirl

Reaction score
I'm really confused as none of the dates I've given the doctor/midwife/scan lady match! It's like they ask me a question, I give them the answer and then they write any old random date down instead! Has anyone else had this??

My first day of my last period was 3rd May. The scan lady wrote 1st May and I'm assuming LMP on my green form stands for last menstrual period and the midwife was written 6th June on every page! Between everyone, the number of weeks I am varies between 9+4 and 10+4 depending on who you speak to. The scan lady was using a calendar from 2012, but she said it was fine and she was just counting days.

All my bloods have been marked at the earlier date so hope it doesn't skew the results!

Wasn't sure whether this was normal and I was missing something really obvious. I know the 12 week dating scan should give a much more accurate reading but was just worried about all my notes apparently being wrong...

So far I haven't had this but my first day of last period was 4th may and I'm 9+3. I find it all very confusing. I wouldn't be surprised if I was put back as my cycle before was 37 days.

Dating scan will be the key no doubt! Can't believe one if the people was using a 2012 calendar, so bizarre, has no one told her its July 2013!!!!

Last edited:
To be honest if you know your LMP and the date you ovulated, I wouldn't worry too much about what's being written in the notes. It sounds as if your bloods being marked at the earlier date is more accurate, since it's closest to when your LMP was.

I know when my LMP was and when I ovulated, and that my cycle is slightly longer at 33 days, so when I went for my 12 week scan, I knew I was around 11+5. The scan dated me as 13 weeks exactly, which was a real shock, but when I spoke with my midwife, she said that my dates were probably more accurate as the scan just uses measurements to determine approx. dates. With the variation, my due date is somewhere between 4 and 15 December!!!

Last edited:
Hi. I visited gp told then LMP was 15 th may. Got a scan date through for 15 + weeks! Queries the lateness on this site and the ladies confirmed I wasn't going mad that's far too late.... Called hospital who said oh gp put LMP as 6th June sorry and they changed it.

Thing is if it were 6th June at that time I wouldn't have even known I was pregnant! So silly!

In EPU I was too distressed to browse my notes but I shall be keeping a good eye on all my notes, and for yours I'd just say pipe up and tell em! Any doubts raise it!

Wait until your 12 week dating scan and they will go by that.

Thanks all, think I'll mention it when I have my next appointment but yes, the dating scan should give a much more accurate indication :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back