Pregnancy of Unknown Location

Lulu1983

Reaction score
Hello, Not been on this forum for ages. I did a pregnancy test on Monday and it was positive. (Yay!) Dates mean I should be about eight weeks. I've had a previous miscarriage and was really worried, so the doctor sent me for an early scan.
The scan was this morning. There was something, but they couldn't identify it as a pregnancy. The doctor described it as a cyst (could be a blastocyst). Sent me for blood tests and listed it as a PUL (Pregnancy of Unknown Location).
This is the same diagnosis I had just before my miscarriage two years ago. I broke down crying at the hospital and have only just held it together since. I'm really worried now. Worse than before I had the scan.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm afraid I don't have any experience to offer. Have they explained what will happen next, is it conclusive? Big hugs X

Sorry to hear this, must be a very stressful time. Hope you get some certainty soon.x

I hope you get some answers soon, sorry to hear how awful this is for you at the moment

Is it possible you are just not as far along as you thought? I hope you get answers soon.

Hi. Thanks for the support. It is possible that I'm not as far along as my dates suggest. I've never been very regular. I'd have to be about three weeks out, though, which is a lot even for me.

I got the results from the first blood test, confirming the pregnancy. I'm having a second blood test on Monday to see if HCg levels have gone up. I suppose I will then have to have another TVS to see either if they can find it, or what is going wrong. Fingers crossed it's not ectopic. They've warned me of what symptoms to look out for

No bleeding still. Super stressed out.

Doctor says to "take it easy". Ha! I have a one and a half year old. Taking it easy is not on the cards.

Hello.

Quick update: I got the second blood test back. hCG had doubled, so that's a good sign. Next scan booked in for 25th Aug.

Getting quite nervous about the scan on Thursday. I know it should be fine, but what if they still can't find it? :/

Keep positive, much easier said than done I know. Your hcg levels rose so let's just hope the dates were out and everything has caught up x

Good luck for your scan xxx stay positive xxx

Quick update. The EPU called earlier today. Apparently there are no doctors available at the time of my appointment so they have had to change it to Friday. A few hours later I had a call from my GP surgery. The midwife "sign in" I was meant to have today was booked as a twenty min appointment and they need an hour, so can they change it to Friday. It's not like I'd arranged time off work, child care and transportation for those appointments... oh wait, I had. NHS have really annoyed me today. :(

How annoying! Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow.

Good news! Baby visible. Measuring 8.1mm, so about 6+5. Heart beat also visible.
Much earlier than they originally thought from my dates, but I was never very regular.
First midwife appt. this afternoon.

Oh that's brilliant! Crazy how far out your dates were - but that's the best possible outcome I am sure you are over the moon :) Fingers crossed for smooth sailing for you from now on! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back