Pregnancy memories

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't think of a better title!

I recently found my Mexican Bola chain that I wore every single day after my dating scan (I thought I'd lost it and I was so upset as it wa sa pressie from my wonderful bump buddy). It's little chimes bought back so many happy memories. Even James seemed to recognise the noise !!

Just this morning I opened a bottle of Nivea cream, I used this several times a day when preggers but have not had the time to cream myself since having bub... My God the smell just bought it all rushing back!!

I was very lucky that I adored being being pregnant. Although it is such a distant memory now.

Anyone else have things that remind them of being preggers?

xxxxx

Last edited:
Aw hun that's made my day he recognised the sound! Bless!!! I have all ur bump updates and pics too...Just you wait!

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

That is so sweet :) the smell of palmers coca butter and talcum powder take me right back . Talcum powder because when I was expecting lily I loved the smell of it so much I wanted to eat it : lol:

That's so sweet he recognised it!

Just before I had my wee fella, I made a playlist on my phone of songs out when I was pregnant and everytime I listen to them it takes me back! I do miss being pregnant. I thought it was hard at the time, but knowing what I know now about life with a new born, I didn't have a clue! I just wish I'd enjoyed it a little more at the time.

Oddly, every time I walk past the toilets in the shopping centre I feel all gooey (not a great choice of words!) because that's where I found out I was pregnant & not just ill. Long story.

Rice cakes (the plain ones) because that's all I could stomach in the beginning. Now I can't face them.

Found a love for peanut butter too. I couldn't resist. Unfortunately that love still lives on.

Aw hun that's made my day he recognised the sound! Bless!!! I have all ur bump updates and pics too...Just you wait!

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

I hadn't seen the chain in months (I had it out loads when he was teeny so I knew I still had it!!) and I was so upset. I looked literally everywhere and found it yesterday... He loves it.

xxxxxx

palmers cocoa butter and pickled eggs bring it all back for me.

and l'oreal extraordinary oil reminds me of being in hospital right after labour. Not sure why as I had used it all through my pregnancy.

also this heat is bringing it all back! was hot sweaty and very pregnant through summer last year!

Im already seeing pregnancy through rose tinted glasses, i had an easy pregnanc and enjoyed it but then i have to think to when i was throwing up all the time, pissing myslef when i threw up, thrush, at the end when i felt like a whale.... i keep having to remind myself to stop me wanting to do it again... no way i could cope with a third year of pregnancy lmao xx

I was going to do a post like this ... Fun came on the radio earlier and it was top of the charts when I was pregnant and it took me right back to the heat wave we got last April and being stuck in work dissolving in the mad heat

I was going to do a post like this ... Fun came on the radio earlier and it was top of the charts when I was pregnant and it took me right back to the heat wave we got last April and being stuck in work dissolving in the mad heat

oh god yeah! that song was always at full blast in my car during the commute to work and back!

that and Nicki Minage pound the alarm.

i have constant reminders lol, the sickness and kicking make it hard to forget butbefore i was preg again it was cocoa butter and fruit that reminded me of being preg as i lived on fruit and used cocoa butter loads

Im packing to move to our new home but this morning ive been in floods of tears. Ive been sorting out daisy grace's memory boxes. She has 4. I had a peak through some of them and wept when I helf her little sleepsuit we dressed her in when she was just minutes old. Its all come flooding back. My baby girl has been away at my mums since Saturday night and I miss her terribly. But we couldn't paint/pack/move with here here so my mum has been a godsend. Cant wait for her to come home at 6pm. So her being away isn't helping lol.

I love all the memories. I filled in her journal from my bump buddy and yold het that this house was where she was created, nurtured in my tummy, came home to and where we spent her first 8 months of her life. But our new home is our future where mummy and daddy will watch her grow and learn and play and laugh. Ive not stopped crying all morning cause of all this!!!

Its lovely that james recognised the bells. Xx

tapatalking

What a lovely thread :)

I have a top that I bought when I was about 18/19 weeks pregnant and I remember putting it on and it was the first time that I looked at myself and thought "holy crap, I look pregnant!" Until then I was convinced I just looked fat until then but in that top you could proper see my wee bump & I remember just standing looking in the mirror crying with happiness :)

The smell of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy reminds me of being pregnant with Cassie. My workmates bought me it when I had morning sickness and to this day it still gives me the boke. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it set of my morning sickness as its strong and now thats what my brain associates it with lol. And for Logan the smell of Dettol remninds me of being pregnant. I had strong cravings for it. My house stunk of it as I would scrub EVERYTHING with it! My craving was so bad that I wanted to drink it, although I obviouslyy never did x

Awww a lovely thread!

For me it's:
Any talk of the London Olympics
The smell of my Elemis bath bubbles

Xxx

The song fun was the song that Kaiden first moved around in my tummy to :) and I used to play it to him every day and he used to kick me every time.
The other thing that brings back memories is pink lemonade lucozade, I had this while I was in labour.
And lastly the jubilee freezer pops, I ate loads of them!! Xx

I love this!
I stayed team yellow and when we went on holiday my sister kept singing that Carly Rae Jepsen song to my bump and then going are you a Harry or a Molly and he used to go mad!! Proper cheesy song but when I hear it now I get a lump in my throat thinking about that holiday and how excited we all were for the arrival :)

Pregnancy was like dark ages for me lol...every time my hip or sth hurts (left over spd) I remember those awful last 3 m that I had not been able to walk more than like 50 meters total:roll: and the camper potty I had to have in my room as getting down the stairs wasn't an option...no thanks lol :shock:

How strange that you started this thread today as I went and brought coconut body oil from body shop today which is what I used in my pregnancy and hubby used to rub it on my bump every night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back