Pregnancy in your 40's

CathyJo

Reaction score
Hi,
Im in complete shock after figuring out Im pregnant at 43. We were not expecting this, but happy just as well. I cant say Im not terrified of all the what if's that come with my age. My youngest is almost 14 yrs old. I honestly thought I was not able to have anymore children. Nothing had happened over the many years while we were trying that I thought my body was just done. We have all girls Im really hoping for a boy!

Congratulations! I’ve just found out I’m pregnant at 39, terrified but over the moon at the same time!

Congratulations! I’ve just found out I’m pregnant at 39, terrified but over the moon at the same time!
Congratz to you as well! Im thinking Im due around April 20th. Im not positive since its only rough estimate. I wasnt paying attention to my cycle. I do know conception had to occur on July 28-29th. though.

I think I’ll be due about the 20th April too. I’ve got a scan booked for next Sunday due to my past history which is good because I’ve started very lightly spotting today

I think I’ll be due about the 20th April too. I’ve got a scan booked for next Sunday due to my past history which is good because I’ve started very lightly spotting today
Very cool keep me updated looks like we can go this together! Ill let you kno when I have a confirmed date too!

Hey, can I join you please?
I'm 43 and pregnant with my 3rd. My children are 5 and 6. I think I'm due 8th April.
X

Hi! I had a scan on Sunday and we saw a heartbeat which was amazing! Still incredibly anxious but slightly more positive!

Hi! I had a scan on Sunday and we saw a heartbeat which was amazing! Still incredibly anxious but slightly more positive!

Great news re the scan, its always reassuring to see the heart beat. Just take each day as it comes.

My first midwife appointment is the 13th, I'll be just over 10 weeks by then. Might have to wait a bit for the scan. Can't see one coming through before the 12 weeks. I'm so not good at waiting. Lol

I recently had twins two weeks after my 40th birthday :)

I'm not 40, but being treated as a geriatric mother at 37 is bloody scary. I know there are extra risks, but I don't need to be constantly reminded of them, all that extra stress can't be healthy! It took so long to conceive that I'm already expecting something to go wrong, I'm only 7 weeks at the moment.

That’s odd, I assumed I would be treated as a geriatric mother but no one seems bothered about my age so far! Just reached 13weeks

Hey ladies. My girlfriend is 38 and pregnant. We sadly had a miscarriage last year so taking it easy this time although she's having a lot of symptoms what is good! Our only concern is obviously her age and bmi which is in the 40's. Hope you all our well.

Miscarriages are so sad and really do make the next pregnancy so much more difficult and anxious. Really hope once you’ve had a scan she starts to feel reassured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back