Pregnancy brain!

love87

Reaction score
I went to the shop earlier picked up lots of bits, got to the till in a shop full of people and instead of putting my visa in the chip and pin machine, I put my pre pay gas card in. I was mortified!!! I think it's safe to say pregnancy brain is not a myth :)

Definitely not a myth! I'm clumsy, oafish, forgetful. Can't even remember simple words lately

When we moved into our new house, the estate agent gave us our keys and reassured us that if we were ever to get locked out then we can always borrow a spare one from them. We joked about it, and hoped that it would never come to that, but said thank you anyway.
40 minutes later, after simply looking around our new empty home, I realised that I had left the keys inside. My OH had to go to work, so I was left on my own to guiltily return to the estate agent and ask for a spare key.
They said that I'd beaten a record, being the shortest amount of time anyone has ever needed to borrow a key.
MORTIFIED.

Hope that makes you feel better! :)

Ha ha, molly... sounds similar to me yesterday! Nursery phoned to say that my daughter had a temperature and could we pick her up. I raced home on the train, ran inside to get the bike so I could pick her up, closed the front door and realised my keys were on the table. Had to get my poor husband to come all the way back from work to let me in! Lucky it didn't happen today as he's away on a business trip and doesn't get back until 2am!

Baby brain is a cruel mistress!

Oh baby brain.

I'll be in the middle of a sentence and suddenly all words escape me.
I've put milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge.
I put a banana skin in the dishwasher instead of the bin.
Those are just things I've realised I've done wrong at the time. Makes me wonder what else I might have done and not realised. My OH is on warning to look out for things in wierd places around the house.

It's definatly real! I struggle with most daily tasks haha! Xx

My kettle often goes in the fridge :rofl: dog food in my daughters cereal bowl... You name it. Xx

the other week i made a drink with cold water, forgot to boil the kettle lol

Amongst other blunders, put my mobile phone through the washing machine and destroyed it lol

I have loads of these moments. Coffee granules in my cereal bowl, beans in toast without toasting the bread, not boiling the kettle for a drink, constantly putting my card in the wrong way into card reader to pay, to name but a few lol xx

I call it placenta brain when pregnant, baby brain once baby is here.

It does get significantly worse when baby comes and you start adding hours of exhaustion :lol:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back