Pregnancy Book

J9nine

Reaction score
Has anyone bought/had any recommendations for good pregnancy books? are they worth it or a complete waste of time/money?

x

I know of the What to expect books but I have the app & it's pretty much the same. Gives week by week info and tips etc x

I got one out of the library but I don't really read it. Has your local library got any that you could have a look at? x

Thats an idea. I haven't been to the library since I moved house - will need to look it up!

Hi J9nine

Depends on what exactly you are looking for but I have read these two and would highly recommend:

1. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
2. The Better Birth Book: Taking the Mystery (and Fear) Out of Childbirth by Tracey Donnegan

I'm (hopefully!) having a homebirth so Im preparing for intervention free, natural, home delivery.

Hope that helps.

SC

I'm looking for something that might calm my anxieties about everything. Only 4 weeks at the moment and fretting about mc and various symptoms or lack of. I am not normally a worrier but for some reason I feel quite emotional about it all. From what I have read that is pretty normal, I thought a book might help me though.

I read something recently about a week by week guide to pregnancy but I can't recall what it was called or who it was by. Might just go for a wander around Waterstones at lunchtime x

Then Id definitely get Tracey Donnegans book.

The Gentlebirth app has also just been released. There's loads of mindfulness, breathing & hypnosis tracks for all stages of pregnancy. It also gives you training each day, say 1/2 sessions. Would highly recommend.

For dietary advice, a friend recommended 'what to eat when you're pregnant' by Dr rana Conway... I found that useful :)

I bought quite a few inc the what to expect etc but tbh they're all very similar. Going to get some birthing ones out of the library x

My husband bought me a really good and informative book called pregnancy week by week by prof Lesley Regan. It goes through pregnancy in 4 week stints, labour and post birth. Have read the whole thing and would highly recommend

In Scotland there is a book we are given at first appt. You can get it as an app called 'ready Steady Baby' It goes thorught everything pretty much week by week. What to expect etc.Not sure if you can get it, but should be easy enough to find on app store/google play. It is free. Its a blue background with a white person holding a bay (a bit like the old MSN messenger symbol from years ago!!)

I have one alsp which is week by week, labour and post labour. Cant remember who its by but i gotnit in water stones for 25 then found it on amazon for alot less so took it back then brought it on there. I also got one for my hubby obv a guy book but he liked it x

Dr Ellie cannons book is very good - practical and easy to read

I also read mindful hypnobirthing by Sophie someone it was good too with free tracks enjoy X

I've got the OBEM book and it's very thorough and includes week by week info

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back