Pregnancy announcements

Rhelen91

Reaction score
After my scan on Monday went well and I've been put forward to 13 weeks, I decided today to announce my pregnancy on facebook. We told family first and then put it on facebook so everyone else could find out at once and we didnt get the whole "I cant believe you told so and so before me" etc.

I've been thinking for a while about how I want to announce our news, and had several ideas (our daughter holding the scan pic, a comical pic of my OH building a crib and me reading a "what to expect when you're expecting again" book, or a family photo where my OH and daughter are holding balloons with the due date on and me just having a hand on my bump) but in the end we settled on something really basic.

I thought it would be nice if anyone wants to share their announcements and maybe give ideas to those who haven't decided yet :)

This was mine

Attachments

• 2016-03-16_12.37.16.jpg
    2016-03-16_12.37.16.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 81
We are due to fly to Australia on the 2nd November which is our due date. I posted a picture of our Australia countdown a few months back, so this will be replaced by a baby countdown with the caption "hope Australia waits for the 3 of us" xx

Last edited:
Me and my husband are big gamers so we are going to do a post with pictures of him as player 1 and me as player 2 then a third pic of scan saying player 3 entering the game oct 2016 :):) we are sooo excited. Ill post it when we do it, just a few weeks to go yet!

This is a good thread idea.

I think we are getting 2 small gift boxes with a scan photo magnet in each and a dummy with a tag saying To Gran and Grandad, please save me for my arrival in October.

I may change my mind but atm thats what we are going with and Jackson our first little one can present the box.

My scan is just under 2w away. I dont thinj I will be posting on facebook or anything until 20w and Ill probably post something really subtle... A bump pic perhaps randomly :lol: people will be like whoa where did that come from :p

xxxx

I've got a brilliant pic of my dog Jack where he looks really bemused so I'm going to use that with a caption of some sorts.. Saying something like "that moment your mum and dad tell you your getting a human" then underneath something like baby due October 2016 or at least something along those lines! :)

Nat I love that 'getting a human' lol xx

Haha thanks tootie... I often post amusing photos of him on Facebook cos he's so daft so really want to use him to announce the baby!

I've added the picture of him If anyone has any ideas what I could write please let me know :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 44
We took my dd to my parents house in a 'every superhero needs a sidekick. Mine arrives September 2016' t-shirt. Got a photo of her with my mum and dad all together on the mothers day which was a couple of days after our scan. Then asked them if they liked her top. Managed to get photos of the process which was then what we used to announce on Facebook (once we'd told other family members and close friends in person) along with two photos side my side of me reading a 'coping with two' book and my dd reading a sibling book.

Both worked really well!! Xxx

Parent photo

Attachments

• IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 63
Book photo

Attachments

• IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2475.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 63
I was gonna post a picture of me holding 2 of my pregnancy tests like chopsticks with a gherkin inbetween and a tub of ice cream with a spoon in it in front of me :)

Last edited:
Oh these are all excellent! Naomi88 so friggin adorable all of it lol! I just love the realisation faces!

Natnat274 what an adorable pic. What about something like 'but but im the baby!' lol.

I was gonna post a picture of me holding 2 of my pregnancy tests like chopsticks with a gherkin inbetween and a tub of ice cream with a spoon in it in front of me :)

Lol!! That's hilarious! Xx

Oh these are all excellent! Naomi88 so friggin adorable all of it lol! I just love the realisation faces!

Natnat274 what an adorable pic. What about something like 'but but im the baby!' lol.

Haha thanks hun - the shock on my mum's face still makes me giggle! I'd obviously hidden it well!! Xxx

I'm not going to announce it on FB at all. I didn't until 25 weeks with my daughter and that's only because someone posted on my page that they saw me and couldn't believe I was pregnant, but is time I don't want a thing on there. In October I will post a photo of the baby as our new addition.

I wouldnt have posted mine either but alot of my friends are actually my family in america too.

Seems sad to deprive them of the very exciting news :D

xxxx

I'm not sure about posting it on Facebook. I'm worried I'll have forgotten to tell someone important in person/phone first.

Ive got a very short list of people here fortunately. Mainly mum/Dad Mil/Fil and both OH and I have brothers so them and thats it really. All our fam live dotted about so to go house to house each time would be alot of miles to announce a pregnancy :p

Im getting nervous now my scans a week on Tuesday then its time to share. OH is buzzing to tell people but he works with my cousins GF so cant even share in his work atm. 2 of his colleagues are pregnant so everyones being saying ohhh when you having another and hes not been able to say. My work have known from 8w due to an early loss and somewhat mannual job.

xxxx

I won't be posting on fb either. I'll just tell family and friends myself x

Last edited:
Anyone got anymore cool ideas?

Must admit im fed up just seeing scan announcements. I like when people put a bit of effort in.

We were thinking of maybe doing an easter egg theme but my scan is after bloody easter. Typical :lol:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back