Pregnancy and hernia

Francoeddy

Reaction score
Last year my wife had hernia and did the hernia repair surgery at Shouldice hospital in Florida. We don’t have a baby and wish to have one. But I am worried that the hernia might reappear while she is pregnant. Is is possible to have surgery after having the baby? Is it true that the hernia become bigger with the use of medicine during pregnancy? I just don’t know what to do and feel upset sometimes. I really need some help and suggestion. Thanks.

I got a hernia during my last pregnancy but it wasn't noticed until I had key hole surgery three months later for something else they fixed it durning the op no problem. They said in not at increased risk of getting another this pregnancy but they will keep an eye on it and if it does il have surgery after. Don't think there is much to be worried about to be honest

I also have a hernia and they said its fully repairable after baby is born if it really needs to be x

I have been wondering about this too. I have a small hernia on my left side of my pelvis area. I got mine from working out with the weight machines. I am worried about how it will be affected with the pregnancy. At this point of the pregnancy I have just been pushing mine back in when I notice it. Need to definitely talk to my Dr. when I go in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back