Pregnancy and baby books...?

charlotte89

Reaction score
hi ladies,
bit of a pointless thread but finding that i have a lot of spare time now at home so i was wondering what pregnancy books are suppose to be really good to read? in-between the baking and watching t.v im still a bit bored lol i already have the jo frost's confident baby care book and thought this was brill :D any others that you could recommend would be great? :D xx

Last edited:
I've not read these but they have been recommended to me: the baby whisper and your baby week by week. x

will start making a list of the ones ladies tell me about thanks :D xx

What to expect when your expecting is good x

The baby whisperer is good, I'm reading it at the moment....it's practical & makes sensed! x

What to expect when your expecting is good x

We found the follow-on from that (What to expect: the first year) absolutely invaluable for random silly questions that we had but didn't want to bother the health visitor with. It also has common childhood illnesses and what to do with baby in hot or very cold weather.

I found the booklet my midwife gave me to be best, ill b honest ive not read much,

thanks ladies, im going mothercare today to pick up me top n tail bowl so i might just have to purchase a couple of books! lol iv turned into a right bookworm since iv been pregnant xx

Ooooh flip top and tail bowl I knew there was something to get

Ooooh flip top and tail bowl I knew there was something to get

haha glad i was some use! lol my friend just uses baby wipes when she changes her lil girl, dont think theres anything wrong with that if your in a rush or obviously when your out but when your at home not doing anythin i think its so much nicer to give them a lil wash !! :) xx

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the books. I read loads while preggers and if there's one thing I've found it's that pregnancy and your baby are nothing like the book so it's no help at all!

lol i know what your sayin yeah ya work it out yaself once babys here i presume , it just makes me feel better reading about the medical side of things really and in these books iv bought theres loads of useful info .. i bought what to expect when your expecting and what to expect.. the first year :) they arent cheap but they are big books rammed full of all useful
info.
they are brill would recommend them to anyone :D xx

Maybe controversial but spend the money on a manicure or something instead - The advice I have given to other new mums since having DD 3 years ago is 'burn your chuffing books'.

I've seen lots of strong women I know turn to mush and second or triple question their every decision and berate themselves based on the back of some advice that was written in a book that made the author (who knows nothing about them, their child, their children, their circumstances or their experiences) a quick buck.

i know what your sayin yeah but trust me these books aint gonna have any influence on the decisions iv already made and will make with me baby :) i just see them as guidelines really lol options if ya like xx

I've just ordered 'What to expect when your expecting' i'm excited keep looking for postman everyday!

I've just ordered 'What to expect when your expecting' i'm excited keep looking for postman everyday!

you are going to love it :D iv nearly read it i havnt been able to put it down! lol xx

It was only £2.80 inc postage from Amazon. I thought bargain i'm getting that defo! Xx

It was only £2.80 inc postage from Amazon. I thought bargain i'm getting that defo! Xx

iv been robbed i want refund!! haha never thought to look on amazon or anythin! 16.99 they cost in mothercare!! :wall2: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back