Pregnancy after MMC - early scans

JennyS85

Reaction score
Hi girls

Looking for advice on early scans. I’m currently 6 weeks pregnant. Had a missed miscarriage in June last year, had an early scan at 9&3 and all was perfect. Then at 12 week scan, we were devastated to find that baby had passed at 10&6. No signs/bleeding or anything.

I’m completely torn as to whether to get an early scan this time around. Not sure it can actually bring me any comfort after last time but I don’t want to spend the next 6 weeks in hope if it is going to go wrong.

If any ladies have been through similar, how did you cope? I’ve only known 2 weeks and it’s been the longest time of my life! Any advice greatly appreciated.

xx

Congrats on the new pregnancy!:bfp:
I've had the same thing happen to me, a mmc at 12 weeks. When I got pregnant again, I had a scan at 8 weeks, 10 and 12. I didn't want a 6 week one since i didn't want to get worried in case there wasn't a heart beat yet, and I would have to live in fear and worry until the next scan. It's up to you but don't get one too early!x

Congratulations on your pregnancy, looks like we are due the same day. I’m sorry for your loss last year I can imagine you must be petrified this time around. My 1st pregnancy was a mmc, found out at 11+1wks that I hadn’t got past 5-6wks, I did have bleeding throughout but the doctors kept telling me all was fine. When I got pregnant the next time I had a private scan at 7wks to see a heartbeat and to know we had got further on than before. Then a scan at 8wks at the hospital because of bleeding, then at 11+1wks I went into melt down because we were as far on as the previous pregnancy so booked another private scan. Then had my normal 12 week scan.

With my other 2 pregnancies I also had early scans, whether privately or because of bleeding and pains and it has always seen me through those early weeks. I don’t know what to say to you as you saw a healthy bean and then lost it, which is just so unfair and cruel x

I had mmc in October last year and I'm now just over 9. I've so far had 2 scans one epu and one private.
This time around I've felt so reassured having the scans done especially when my symptoms just disappeared. There was no way could I wait to the 12 weeks one not knowing if things were ok.
I can understand why u feel the way u do. When things weren't going right for me and then I had to wait another week for them to scan me to confirm mmc it was just awful and it caused nothing but stress.
Early scan have their pros and cons. X

Congrats on the new pregnancy!:bfp:
I've had the same thing happen to me, a mmc at 12 weeks. When I got pregnant again, I had a scan at 8 weeks, 10 and 12. I didn't want a 6 week one since i didn't want to get worried in case there wasn't a heart beat yet, and I would have to live in fear and worry until the next scan. It's up to you but don't get one too early!x

@Kitana I remember your kind words when I lost the baby last year so thankyou! You are right I think there is no good answer! I won’t relax either way. Got booking in appt at 8+3 so will try and wait til then at least before booking anything. Absolutely wouldn’t need the stress of one early if not measuring right etc.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, looks like we are due the same day. I’m sorry for your loss last year I can imagine you must be petrified this time around. My 1st pregnancy was a mmc, found out at 11+1wks that I hadn’t got past 5-6wks, I did have bleeding throughout but the doctors kept telling me all was fine. When I got pregnant the next time I had a private scan at 7wks to see a heartbeat and to know we had got further on than before. Then a scan at 8wks at the hospital because of bleeding, then at 11+1wks I went into melt down because we were as far on as the previous pregnancy so booked another private scan. Then had my normal 12 week scan.

With my other 2 pregnancies I also had early scans, whether privately or because of bleeding and pains and it has always seen me through those early weeks. I don’t know what to say to you as you saw a healthy bean and then lost it, which is just so unfair and cruel x

Thanks @kanga86 and so nice to have a due date buddy. I hope it’s plain sailing for both of us.

i think maybe 11 weeks would be good so a day after the little one passed last time? I just get so anxious thinking about walking into the hospital scan room again!

I had mmc in October last year and I'm now just over 9. I've so far had 2 scans one epu and one private.
This time around I've felt so reassured having the scans done especially when my symptoms just disappeared. There was no way could I wait to the 12 weeks one not knowing if things were ok.
I can understand why u feel the way u do. When things weren't going right for me and then I had to wait another week for them to scan me to confirm mmc it was just awful and it caused nothing but stress.
Early scan have their pros and cons. X

Thanks @TTC no2 - I think I’ll try not to think about it for another few weeks and hope it becomes more obvious what would make me feel better! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back