Pregnancy after miscarriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hi,

so me and my parter have been trying for a baby for 5 years. Unfortunately my ovaries are lazy and don’t like doing their job every month so I have been on clomid for the past year.

we fell pregnant in October last year but unfortunately the little guy didn’t want to stick around and we miscarried in November at 5 weeks.

we carried on with the clomid but I guess I was still grieving for our little pea. Anyway no luck and we were going to be starting the process of IVF next month but we have managed to convince this month on our last month of clomid exactly a year on!

I’m so anxious that this ones not going to stick either and I know there’s nothing I can do about it. I’m only 2 weeks but I’ve not really had any symptoms other than sore boobs which has gone off now and a little bit of cramping. Everywhere I’ve read say morning sickness is the sign of a strong pregnancy but I’m yet to get this.

How did anyone else who’s gone through a miscarriage stop stressing until the 12 weeks had passed? And what symptoms did you all have and when? Xx

I’m so sorry for your loss :(
Honestly it’s hard, the whole pregnancy is hard. I had a scan at 7 weeks which helped a bit but I still have huge anxiety and I’m 32 weeks now. Until they’re here I don’t think I’ll believe it. My best advice would be to enjoy every second you are pregnant it’s really hard but it does help.

Honestly it’s hard, the whole pregnancy is hard. I had a scan at 7 weeks which helped a bit but I still have huge anxiety and I’m 32 weeks now. Until they’re here I don’t think I’ll believe it. My best advice would be to enjoy every second you are pregnant it’s really hard but it does help.

Congratulations! Yeah it’s very stressful and I’m trying to be stress free! I’m just worried I’ve not really had any symptoms but I am only early on. I just wish I could zoom past these 12 weeks xx

Congrats on your bfp, hope this one is a sticky one.
After my mmc at 12 weeks, I was very worried until 18 weeks. I did have a lovely midwife and she offered scans every 2 weeks until I was 12 weeks along. I was sweating bullets at the 12 week one though!
I do feel a lot more relaxed now, I don't know why it has changed. I just have a lot of other stuff going on in my life right now and feeling her kick and roll makes it easier to know she's still okay in there.

It's not easy to relax but I'm sure the 12 week scan will convince you to enjoy the pregnancy. If you're too impatient, go for an earlier scan, but try to wait until you're at least 6 weeks!x

Congrats on your bfp, hope this one is a sticky one.
After my mmc at 12 weeks, I was very worried until 18 weeks. I did have a lovely midwife and she offered scans every 2 weeks until I was 12 weeks along. I was sweating bullets at the 12 week one though!
I do feel a lot more relaxed now, I don't know why it has changed. I just have a lot of other stuff going on in my life right now and feeling her kick and roll makes it easier to know she's still okay in there.

It's not easy to relax but I'm sure the 12 week scan will convince you to enjoy the pregnancy. If you're too impatient, go for an earlier scan, but try to wait until you're at least 6 weeks!x

Congratulations and thank you, I really hope this little one sticks too! I did think about booking an earlier scan. I’m hoping to go for one at 8 weeks, I’m worried if I go before and don’t hear a heart beat I’ll be more anxious. It’s so hard not to stress, when you’ve experienced the heart break of a miscarriage xx

Hi,
Congratulations and so sorry for your precious loss. I had 2 MCs back to back in July and September last year but we got our BFP in April this year. I’m now 31 weeks pregnant. In all honesty, I struggled those first 12 weeks but I also had an early scan at 6 weeks with my local early pregnancy unit. You can self refer so maybe phone up and tell them of your previous MC and see if they can book you in? At the scan you basically just see a little bean and the egg yolk but we also saw the flicker of the heartbeat and it really reassured me that I knew the baby was implanted in the right place and was measuring perfectly for how far gone I was. After this, I tried to focus on each and every appointment to see it as a milestone. My previous MCs id not got to the stage of telling my GP or seeing a midwife (apart from the ones at EPU) because I had early MC before the appts took place so these felt like a big development for me this pregnancy. Like others have said, unfortunately the whole pregnancy is a worry but with each milestone I’ve found it gets easier and I’ve also tried to be positive because being negative and pessimistic really didn’t help my mental health. It’s taken me a while to feel like this but I’m glad it’s something I’ve worked on.
Good luck! Xx

Hi!!

Congrats on your bfp.
I have had two mc before conceiving this baby I am currently 37 weeks pregnant with. I lost my 1st at 6ish weeks and my 2nd was a mmc at 12 weeks.
I understand how scared you must feel. Hopefully this is a sticky bean. Try to stay positive and maybe when you get past your last mc point you’ll feel more at ease. Lots of early scans helped keep me calm but honestly once you have experienced a loss you are always nervous!!

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

I am sorry you experienced pregnancy loss, and massive congrats on your pregnancy. x

Hello, I hope your feeling a bit better as the weeks have gone on. I am in the same boat, MMC in 2019 at 12 +5. Am 8 weeks now and I can't stop worrying/analysing my daily symptoms.. Its going to drive me bananas....
Constantly worried as I has bad nausea at 6 weeks and by 7 weeks non, boobs are not as sore as they were. Am 8 weeks now have had headaches on and off and body pains down legs and am convincing myself something is wrong! How has anyone gotten through to 12 weeks with sanity, please give your words of wisdom!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back